everything for a romantic valentine’s day in Amsterdam
It’s almost time for the most romantic day of the year: Valentine’s Day 2016! The day of love! The day you should actually spend with your lover, don’t you agree? But what should you do on Valentine’s Day 2016 in Amsterdam? And are you going to surprise your lover or are you going to let him/her decide? We’ve listed the most romantic things for Valentine’s Day for you. And for the singles among us: we have thought of you as well!
food & drinks >> valentine’s day 2016 in amsterdAM
– Wanna surprise your lover with a romantic dinner for two? Visit restaurant Girassol, because here they’ve put together a special menu for all the loverbirds. And not just the menu: also the restaurant itself has been transformed to Cupido’s paradise.
– Make Valentine’s Day a special day and eat lobster at Bistro Noord! De best lobster dishes are waiting for you in between 13:00hrs and 21:00hrs.
– You and your lover are welcome at Beter & Leuk for their special Very Valentine brunch! Their brunch is all about Valentine on February 14. Curious about how your future together looks like? There’s also someone presents who will show you your Tarot-cards. Make sure you’ll make reservations on time!
– The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? They also know that at Roest, because their Sunday brunch is also all about Valentine. Chef Valentijn (what’s in a name..) will yet prepare another big, feasty and honest animal on their wildfire. Mmmm!
– Oldschool also hosts a brunch on Sunday. And especially for Valentine’s Day they invited “Promise” to play some romantic songs.
– Is it your first date on Valentine’s Day? Or is it your first Valentine’s Day together? Make sure you read our list about the best places to go for a first date.
– Planning a real romantic dinner? Check our blog with romantic restaurants in Amsterdam!
– Of course your Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be expensive. Amsterdam has a a lot of cool budget restaurants. Read here all about the best budget restaurants in Amsterdam.
To do >> valentine’s day 2016 in amsterdam
– On Friday, February 12, the evening market at Roest is also Valentine’s themed. Here you can buy presents for your lover, or take your lover for a romantic dinner. Of course this market is also a lot of fun for singles!
– Luckily Roest also thought about all the singels among us. On Saturday, February 13, they’ll organise a big singles party! With songs played by DJ’s Meliefje & Loverboj you’ll dance straight in the arms of your future lover.
– The Local Goods Market also organises a special Valentine’s edition. Strolling along the stalls together with your love, shopping clothes for the both of you. Or finally buy those necessary things for the home, we love!
– A sexy menu for two, followed by a programme full of theatre, music and philosophy. At the Tolhuistuin they’re offering a whole Valentine’s programme named Liefdesbiecht! Make sure you make reservations on time, because there are only a few places available.
– Always romantic: on a little boat through the canals of Amsterdam. Stop under the Magere Brug and kiss each other, the story goes that you’ll stick together forever…
– At Pllek they’ll serve a three course menu, including an amuse and a delicious dessert to share. After dinner you can snuggle up and enjoy their Valentine’s movie: Sex, Actually.
– Want to do something special this Valentine? Book a room at a romantic hotel in The Netherland or Belgium!
– Or do you just want to dance during Valentine’s weekend? Go wild at one of the 13 best clubs of Amsterdam.
Happy Valentine’s Day, loverbirds!
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
(Private) Canal Cruise
Make a boat tour and enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival from the water during a cruise on the canals.Tickets from € 16,- >>
This new experience with unique and colourful installations is the Instagram hit of Amsterdam.Book a time slot >>
- Stay -
This trendy hotel with a rooftop, restaurant and club is located in hot and happening Amsterdam East.Check the rates >>
This lifestyle hotel is located on Herengracht in the Canal District and also loved by locals.Check the rates >>
- Deals -
Tulips at Keukenhof
One of the most Instagrammable places in Holland during this season!Get that Insta-photo >>
Visit the number one photography museum of Amsterdam for exhibits about contemporary photography.Get tickets for € 12,50 >>