brunch at HOTSPOT Duddell’s in Hong Kong is a must visit!
Pay attention all you Dim Sum lovers, you’ll want to get to know Duddell’s Hong Kong! Go here for an extensive lunch, brunch or dinner in the Central district. You can find this hotspot in the area that’s also the home of Amber, where I had dinner during one of my past trips. And just like Amber, this restaurant has been awarded with a Michelin star! If you’re outside the building at Duddell’s Street you’d perhaps won’t instantly consider that there’s a beautiful restaurant situated there. But don’t let that mislead you in Hong Kong, because that’s bound to happen more often.
Once you’re up at Duddell’s Hong Kong you walk into a beautiful restaurant, with authentic Chinese details but in a modern way. The tableware is so pretty you’d probably take an entire set home for your next dinner party with friends, like I wanted. If there’s one city in Asia where they truly understand the art of interior design it’s got to be Hong Kong. Restaurants like Duddell’s Hong Kong is the standard here and you can probably imagine a foodie and hotspot lover like me is in high spirits.
Lunch and brunch at Duddell’s Hong Kong
During my last trip to Hong Kong I went to Duddell’s for lunch. And we’ve kicked it off in style, with a festive glass of Ruinart champagne. Because being in Hong Kong is always a feast! When I’m in my classy dress, nipping my champagne I can’t really imagine that it was only this morning that I’ve arrived in Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. The flight took over 11 hours and it literally flew by! And here I am, a mere 4 hours after arrivel, having lunch at Duddell’s in Hong Kong. Or actually, more to say brunch, but normally speaking they only serve that in the most top area during the weekend. Definitely recommended to book on time: unlimited dim sum and champagne. Sounds like a perfect start of the weekend, doesn’t it?
Eating at Duddell’s truly is a party! We’re served one course after another, all full of the best sim sum there is. After course number two I’ve already decided that Duddell’s is well deserved of a spot on my shortlist with evergreen restaurants in Hong Kong. It’s one of those restaurants in a different city where you’ll keep on coming back to. But if you’re looking for a cheap eat for dim sum, this might not be the right place for you. As Duddell’s Hong Kong has been awarded with a Michelin star! And you can truly taste that. So take your time to have an extensive lunch or dinner here. With all the trimmings. Check out the pictures below to get a good impression of all the delicious dishes. what I personally like about Duddell’s is that they serve authentic Cantonese dishes with a modern twist. Dim Sum with lobsert, pumpkin and Rice Rolls with a spicy crisp. And it’s all so delicious!
Tip: a Duddell’s will also open its doors in London!
Hong Kong Travel Tips
> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE: on my last trip I flew with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they connect you to dozens of destinations throughout Asia. Search for cheap tickets here >>
> Tip: for only € 100,- you can book a stopover in Hong Kong when you fly with Cathay Pacific!
> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN HONG KONG:
– The Peninsula: stunning views over the skyline of Hong Kong
– Mandarin Oriental: incredible luxurious and classic hotel
– Ritz Carlton: in this hotel you also find the famous Ozon bar
– Hotel Stage: hip hotel close to theTemple Street night market
– Madera Hollywood: the location of this hotel in the heart of Soho is perfect!
– The Jervois: one of the best hotel in the hip Shueng Wan district
– Cordis Hotel: very luxurious hotel in Kowloon next to a huge shopping mall
– East Hong Kong: great lifestyle hotel with a cool rooftop bar
– 99 Bonham: hip hotel in the cool Shueng Wan district
– W Hong Kong: highly recommend in the summer because of the rooftop pool
– Cue Hotel: affordable lifestyle hotel in Wan Chai
– One96: staying for a longer time in Hong Kong? Then book a serviced apartment!
– The Park Lane Hotel: nice hotel in Causeway Bay with one of the best rooftop bars
Level 3 Shanghai Tang Mansion, 1 Duddell StreetHong Kong