this is the place to be for great cocktails and tasty food
Yeah, good news! Our favourite Potato Head from Bali now also has a restaurant in Hong Kong. You’ll probably understand that I just HAD to pay a visit during my last trip to Hong Kong. You’ll find Potato Head Hong Kong next to another fun hotspot in the upcoming district Sai Ying Pun: Fish School, where you can also have a great meal by the way.
Potato Head Hong Kong actually consists out of three parts: a bar area, the restaurant and a speakeasy mini club. I deliberately use the word ‘mini’, because it’s really small and chances are that you won’t get in. It’s more a thing for private events! The interior of Potato Head Hong Kong is just like the establishment in Bali really pretty. From 10AM to 11PM this is the place to be for delicious food and drinks. Nestle yourself in the vintage styled couches full of cushions and blankets that you’d probably rather take home with you. There are enormous art house photos hanging on the wall and later in the afternoon you can hang at the cozy bar for a cocktail and a bar bite.
Restaurant x Potato head Hong Kong
Would you like to have dinner in the evening at Potato Head Hong Kong I’d recommend you to make a reservation, and make sure to as for a table in the restaurant area instead of the bar area. Most of the times they have a spot for you there if you didn’t make a reservation and just walk in and are in luck. In the restaurant area the light is muted and the atmosphere is warm and cozy. If you’re with the two of you, you can have a seat at the long table where you sit down for a dinner with an Indonesian touch. Fun to see: at Bali the menu of Potato Head if full of ‘international’ Asian dishes and in Hong Kong it’s filled with Indonesian dishes. Tasty!
Because the sun sets early in Hong Kong and people have to commute a long way home they have dinner a little earlier than we do. So make sure to be seated at Potato Head Hong Kong around 7PM!
Hong Kong Travel Tips
> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE: on my last trip I flew with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they connect you to dozens of destinations throughout Asia. Search for cheap tickets here >>
> Tip: for only € 100,- you can book a stopover in Hong Kong when you fly with Cathay Pacific!
> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN HONG KONG:
– The Peninsula: stunning views over the skyline of Hong Kong
– Mandarin Oriental: incredible luxurious and classic hotel
– Ritz Carlton: in this hotel you also find the famous Ozon bar
– Hotel Stage: hip hotel close to theTemple Street night market
– Madera Hollywood: the location of this hotel in the heart of Soho is perfect!
– The Jervois: one of the best hotel in the hip Shueng Wan district
– Cordis Hotel: very luxurious hotel in Kowloon next to a huge shopping mall
– East Hong Kong: great lifestyle hotel with a cool rooftop bar
– 99 Bonham: hip hotel in the cool Shueng Wan district
– W Hong Kong: highly recommend in the summer because of the rooftop pool
– Cue Hotel: affordable lifestyle hotel in Wan Chai
– One96: staying for a longer time in Hong Kong? Then book a serviced apartment!
– The Park Lane Hotel: nice hotel in Causeway Bay with one of the best rooftop bars
100 Third StreetHong Kong
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -