go shopping at PMQ and grab a bite at Aberdeen Street Social later
A visit to the PMQ can’t be left out of a visit to Hong Kong. I’ve written about it earlier in my Hong Kong City Guide and last week I’ve been there again. Because right next to the hipster shopping mall PMQ the cute all day restaurant Aberdeen Street Social is located. A nice spot for lunch or brunch! Especially if you’re up on the balcony with a view of the Shueng Wan. On the brunch menu you’ll find several delicious international dishes. From good old avocado toast to bagels with salmon, bu talso burgers, pan pizzas, lobster rolls and more comfort food. Did you know that Chef Jason Atherton, who started Aberdeen Street Social, has been awarded with a Michelin star for his restaurant in London (Pollen Street Social)?
After days filled with dim sum and noodles I’ve decided to have a change of heart for once and ordered the pan pizza with lamb, zucchini, ricotta cheese and anchovies. Very tasty combination! Normally speaking I’d ordered a nice cocktail with it, but because we still have a long day ahead of us I’ve ordered a mocktail. And they have some great options for those at Aberdeen Street Social Hong Kong! I’ve chosen the Beach Bum, nicely fresh with coconut water. Make sure to leave some room after lunch for dessert! Just like in the States it’s very normal in Hong Kong to close your lunch or brunch with something sweet. At Aberdeen Street Social they have some delicious cakes. Just saying ;-).
Tip: the evening menu by Chef Jason Atherton is supposed to be really good as well! On the evening menu you’ll find several types of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. The smoked steak tartare and the whole roasted chicken to share indeed sound very delicious!
Hong Kong Travel Tips
> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE: on my last trip I flew with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they connect you to dozens of destinations throughout Asia. Search for cheap tickets here >>
> Tip: for only € 100,- you can book a stopover in Hong Kong when you fly with Cathay Pacific!
> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN HONG KONG:
– The Peninsula: stunning views over the skyline of Hong Kong
– Mandarin Oriental: incredible luxurious and classic hotel
– Ritz Carlton: in this hotel you also find the famous Ozon bar
– Hotel Stage: hip hotel close to theTemple Street night market
– Madera Hollywood: the location of this hotel in the heart of Soho is perfect!
– The Jervois: one of the best hotel in the hip Shueng Wan district
– Cordis Hotel: very luxurious hotel in Kowloon next to a huge shopping mall
– East Hong Kong: great lifestyle hotel with a cool rooftop bar
– 99 Bonham: hip hotel in the cool Shueng Wan district
– W Hong Kong: highly recommend in the summer because of the rooftop pool
– Cue Hotel: affordable lifestyle hotel in Wan Chai
– One96: staying for a longer time in Hong Kong? Then book a serviced apartment!
– The Park Lane Hotel: nice hotel in Causeway Bay with one of the best rooftop bars
PMQ, G/FI. 35 Aberdeen Street, Central Hong KongHong Kong
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -