at Rhoda Hong Kong you will taste unique ingredients
If there’s one restaurant in Hong Kong that you definitely don’t want to skip, it’s Rhoda. I’ve had such an amazing night there! Make sure to reserve a spot at the bar, with a view of the open kitchen. The best seating here is if you’re with the two of you. It’s always so cool to see the Chefs working and to have a talk with them inbetween. And Chef Nate Green is certainly something! Among the lines of cold hands, warm heart. Covered with tattoos, a beard and wearing a rough leather short. If you choose steak as your main course this will be severed from the rib right in front of you. Next time I’m in Hong Kong with my lover this is definitely a dish we’re going to order!
Menu x Rhoda Hong Kong
I’ve mentioned it earlier, eating at Rhoda is a true party! The menu is a collection of the favourite dishes of Chef Nate. Dishes from England, where he grew up, and dishes featuring ingredients you probably haven’t had much before. Fun fact: the restaurant is named after Nate’s grandma who’s name was Grandma Rhoda. We were lucky enough to eat at Rhoda while it was the Manti shrimp season. It’s only allowed to capture this shrimp (that looks more like a small rock lobster) for six weeks a year. We eat it raw, with some sea urchin on top. So delicious! The menu at Rhoda varies regularly, but if you look at these photos below you should get a good impression of the style of cooking and the dishes. During the weekend Rhoda Hong Kong is also open during brunch and lunch time.
PS: If you’ve been to Hong Kong more often than you might recognize Chef Nate Green from hotspot 22 Ships, where he worked previously.
Hong Kong Travel Tips
> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE: on my last trip I flew with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they connect you to dozens of destinations throughout Asia. Search for cheap tickets here >>
> Tip: for only € 100,- you can book a stopover in Hong Kong when you fly with Cathay Pacific!
> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN HONG KONG:
– The Peninsula: stunning views over the skyline of Hong Kong
– Mandarin Oriental: incredible luxurious and classic hotel
– Ritz Carlton: in this hotel you also find the famous Ozon bar
– Hotel Stage: hip hotel close to theTemple Street night market
– Madera Hollywood: the location of this hotel in the heart of Soho is perfect!
– The Jervois: one of the best hotel in the hip Shueng Wan district
– Cordis Hotel: very luxurious hotel in Kowloon next to a huge shopping mall
– East Hong Kong: great lifestyle hotel with a cool rooftop bar
– 99 Bonham: hip hotel in the cool Shueng Wan district
– W Hong Kong: highly recommend in the summer because of the rooftop pool
– Cue Hotel: affordable lifestyle hotel in Wan Chai
– One96: staying for a longer time in Hong Kong? Then book a serviced apartment!
– The Park Lane Hotel: nice hotel in Causeway Bay with one of the best rooftop bars
345 Des Voeux Rd W, Shek Tong TsuHong Kong