Weekend tips for JULY 10, 11 and 12!
There’s so much to do again this weekend! The sun is coming back and so we need to dance at the festival A Day at the Park in the beautiful Amsterdam Forest! After all the partying at Glastonbury I would like to rest properly myself and arrange the last few things for my brother’s wedding next week. So Saturday I’ll be enjoying my resting time in the new Hoxton Hotel. Also fun to check out is the new Worst (sausage) Atelier of Brandt & Levie that is opening this weekend. Or have a good brunch at Salmuera, since they’re having their first this weekend.
Save the date and get your tickets quick before it’s all sold out. Next week we’re swinging again at our second Rooftop Disco! Ticket sales has already started so buy yours quick before they’re all sold out again ;-). >> ENJOY!
Tip: if you sign up for the newsletter you get this guide in your inbox every Friday!
Tip: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– Since the first one was such a success, we have decided to organise the second edition of Silent Rooftop Disco! Buy your tickets quickly for next week Sunday before they’re all sold out. € 15,- incl a welcome cocktail, some bites, headphones and bitterballen later in the evening.
– Sunday there’s Pure Markt again! There’s delicious food to eat and at the same time you can do some groceries.
– And you can go dance, eat and drink again at the Avondmarkt at Roest!
– Have you already had dinner at De Uitvreter? Here you eat with all the other guests at one very long table and everyday they’re something something else. Don’t forget to make a reservation!
– Once a month Appartement K organises an amazing 4 course dinner in a unique appartement from Amsterdam locals. So the actual location will only be made known on the day itself.
– Do you already know Meneer en Mevrouw Keus? This restaurant in Amsterdam West is one of our favourites where you can eat during the whole day!
– Just recently opened, but at the Dikke Graaf you can do fine dining with many delicious options for shared dining.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
These spots just opened!:
* Café de Paris
* BasQ Kitchen
* La Tête
* The Duchess
* Wolf Atelier
* De Graanschuur
* Brut de Mer
– Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier! Did you check them yet?
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– The Amsterdam FashionWeek is already ending this week, but there’s still a lot of fun activities on the downtown programme. So check it out quickly!
– Until next week Sunday you can go to the Over het IJ Festival at the NDSM-Wharf! A ten days festival in sign of theater, art and interactive works.
– Friday is the opening of Heart for Art, a street artelier in Amsterdam East full with street art, street wear and street food.
– De Vondeltuin is organising their first Silent Movienight on Friday. That means 100 headphones and yummy BBQ for 5 and 5 euro. Fun!
– Woody Allen is becoming 80 this year and the EYE is celebrating that with around 25 film screenings including the premiere of Woody Allen’s latest film Irrational Man. Until September 9 you can watch the comedies of Woody Allen.
– The CITIES foundation celebrates the opening of their WASTED Laboratorium project with a huge party: Plastic Night! Films, workshops, music, food and drinks and learning more about plastic.
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be opened every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater have some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– Shopping time! Tenue de Nîmes is opening a Temporary Outlet at the Elandsgracht. It’s only this weekend so go there quickly.
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Must see: The Beauty of Pop exposition of Frank E Hollywood at the gallery of 5&33!
– In the city archives of Amsterdam there is a cool exhibition with photos of Cor Jaring! Aside from the famous pictures there are also newly discovered photo’s on display. A must-see! (until July 12th).
– Check here for 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer!
– Go enjoy a day dancing in the Amsterdam Forest at A Day at the Park Festival!
– Super Social and Waterkant organised a new festival together The Social Garden! An intimate new festival in the nature at the Nieuwe Meer.
– This weekend you can go party at the next edition of silent disco Vondeldisco…
– …Or you could do that without the headphones at Floor17 where Strafwerk is having a pre-party so you can already get in the mood for the festival. Or you wait another week so that you can go to the Rooftop Disco with headphones and Floor17 ;-). It’s going to be fun!
– Have you seen it already? Every weekend we make a new list on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »