Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 8, 9 & 10!
August is always a great month to be in Amsterdam. So much to do! This weekend the Parade kicks off and there are plenty of festivals and open air movies to check out. This weekend I’m in Ibiza for a short break! Will keep you posted on Twitter and Instagram (@yourlbb).
Every Friday I’m a guest on Amsterdam FM where I share my favourite things to do in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Enjoy the weekend!
– Now open! New summer hotspot Waterkant.
– Fresh and made to order Mexican fast-food at the Salsa Shop. So good!!
– Neo bistro style food and the new food hotspot Bistro Noord at the NDSM wharf.
– Always fun on Sunday! The Pure Markt at the Amstelpark in Amsterdam. For food and drinks with friends.
– Lobster Sunday BBQ at Vis aan de Schelde. All summer long!
– 10 hotspots that are perfect for super hot summer weather. From urban beach to rooftop. Check them here!
– A great experience for cocktail lovers: Copper Kettle Serve. After New York and London you can enjoy this experience at some of our favourite cocktail bars in Amsterdam: Hugo’s, Franklin, Dvars, Vesper and Tales & Spirits.
– Going for lunch or coffee this weekend? Check out our top picks of 20 new places that opened the last few months!
– Spend the Sunday afternoon on the patio at Trouw. From 4 pm you can enjoy the pizza club there for dinner!
– If you need some restaurant inspiration check out these 20 new restaurant hotspots in Amsterdam. Have fun on your next dinner date!
– Always great for some good healthy food on Saturday or Sunday: my 10 favourite healthy hotspots here.
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Vuurtoreneiland is back! You can now book your dinner at this very special restaurant at an island near Amsterdam.
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via email@example.com.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– Nothing better than shopping at the weekly farmers markets in Amsterdam. Our Saturday favourites!
– Tip for everyone who needs to eat glutenfree! A store where everything is glutenfree.
– At the Thuyskamer all products are for sale. And the good news is that everything is made from re-used materials. Great concept.
– Gekaapt at the Kinkerstraat is the latest pop-up by the guys from the Jan Eef.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– I blogged about many other cool stores that opened the doors this years. Discover 5 other new stores in Amsterdam here.
– Watch a movie in the open air at the cool festival Pluk de Nacht!
– Cool photo expo at gallery Polyester in Amsterdam: Kiss me deadly! With raw pictures of from American newspapers in the 60s and photos of 50s pin-up Betty Page. until September 7.
– Are you going on a date soon? Why not check out one of the summer sessions at North Sea Jazzclub in Amsterdam West?
– Live concerts at the Amsterdamse Bos. All summer long at the open air theater in the forest! Yay :-).
– Every summer one of my fav things to do! The ZOOmer avonden at Artis.
– New expo at the Stadsarchief. Vintage Amsterdam photos by legend Ed van er Elsken. Until September 14.
– The Vondelpark Openluchttheater (open air theater) is back in business every Sunday! Check the website for the latest artists.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– Two new expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* Larry Clark – Tulsa & Teenage Lust – until September 12
* Don’t Stop Now: Fashion Photography Next – until September 7
– NEW photo expo at Felix and Foam! 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– New on the Wibautstraat: Stek! For breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks.
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
– Italian food and gluten free proof, that’s cool looking Bocconi at the Spaarndammerstraat.
– New pizza studio in town! Pistache is the new restaurant concept at the location where the Lobster House used to be.
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »