The nicest hotspots on the Weesperzijde in Amsterdam
On hot summer days it’s a paradise for swimmers, but also on cloudy days the Weesperzijde in Amsterdam East is one of the most beautiful spots of the city! It’s there where you catch the last sun beams of the day and the view is amazing. So of course we love going there. Therefore, we want to put this nice street, which is situated between the Wibautstraat and the Amstel, in the spotlights on YourLBB! Check this 8 x hotspots on the Weesperzijde and go have a look yourself! ;-)
8 x hotspots on the Weesperzijde Amsterdam
– Girassol: this place has such a beautiful terrace! If the weather is great, Girassol is definitely worth a visit. Be prepared for an instant holiday feeling thanks to the delicious Portuguese food and wine! The menu consists of traditional dishes like Bacalhau à Bras but with a modern twist to it. Our favourite? The tuna steak!
– Hesp: a few doors next to Girassol you’ll find Hesp. And when talking about the Weesperzijde, you sure can not miss Hesp. For years this has been a popular spot where you know what to expect: a good relaxed vibe and fine place to drink. With of course a huge terrace on the other side of the road as well!
Hesp, Weesperzijde 130, Amsterdam
– LaLotta: if you say pizza, we say LaLotta. The new kid on the block that serves the best pizza of the Netherlands straight out of the woodoven. Don’t leave without tasting the tartufo, it’s so goood!
– Weesper: this spot increases the fun level in East for sure. The have an extensive drink & bar bites menu and a huge terrace. Sounds like all you need for the perfect friyay drinks!
– De Ysbreeker: relax with an oyster or plump down on the terrace with your laptop and a nice cup of coffee! In a hurry? Take a coffee out! The Ysbreeker spoils its customers, that’s for sure. They provide a newspaper every day and you’re always welcome from morning till evening!
– Rijsel: one of the best restaurants of Amsterdam is located in a side street of the Weesperzijde! Rijsel is established in a former domestic science school and thanks to the semi vintage interior and huge open kitchen you’ll feel immediately at home. Enjoy the 3-course menu which is prepared with lots of love!
– Bakhuys: this is another hotspot which is located nearby the Weesperzijde! This is the place to be for a quick bite. Bakhuys serves delicious sandwiches and quiches. These tidbits in company of a coffee are the ideal lunch!
– Loetje Oost: okay, not really on the Weesperzijde, but at a minimum distance. If all the tables are occupied at the other locations, this is a great spot to go to. But you gotta love meat, because the steaks at Loetje are irresistible.
>>> TIP: 4 X hotspots on the wibautstraat <<<
If you’re on the Weesperzijde, it would be a shame if you don’t visit one of these 4 hotspots in the Wibautstraat! Enjoy! ;-)
– Restaurant C: this restaurant of Michiel van der Eerde can’t miss on your to do list! C is a unique and original concept which evolves around degrees Celsius. The little, perfect cooked dishes are ideal for shared dining! The open kitchen and lovely interior make this place a real hotspot.
– Boterham: we immediately fell in love with this lovely coffee spot! Not only the delicious coffee but also the beautiful interior items, which are being sold, are a good reason to visit Boterham. Spoil yourself with a fresh juice or a tasty cappuccino. But we were also blown away by the sandwiches with organic fillings, yum!
– The Pool: pink little tiles, pool-attendant chairs, neon characters, flamingos and light colored tables with a set of colorful chairs, whoa! This fun spot, with a Miami Vibe, is ideal for your lunch or a cup of coffee. The Pool is also the ideal place for the diligently workers among you because they always have free wifi! :-)
– Volkshotel: there are several reasons why you should visit this place. But the best reason is to have a drink on the lovely roof terrace. You’re high and dry at Canvas op de 7e for a breakfast, your first beer or when the night falls. There is always something to do at this place!
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Escape to nature
Find a nice cabin or house in the Duch nature to escape your busy life for a short (weekend) break.Find a cabin »
Train City Trips
Going on an international city trip in Europe by train? You can do that from € 20,- for a one-way ticket!Check prices »
Want to escape the Netherlands for a holiday? We got you! Check out all the last-minute deals you should knowCheck all last-minutes »