these are the streets for a perfect shoppingspree in aarhus!
Aarhus in Denmark is totally hip & happening. Not only are a lot of hotspots and foodmarkets popping up everywhere in the city, also the nice boutiques and concept stores are raising in numbers. For Your Little Black Book we went on the hunt for the best places to spend some money. Brands of big chains like H&M and Monki are located in the Søndergarde, comparable to the Kalverstraat in Amsterdam. But also the Latin Quarter – with the big cathedral as center piece – is filled with known and unknown brands.
4 x the best shopping districts in Aarhus
- In the Latin Quartier, that goes from the Rosensgade to the Klostergade with the cathedral in the middle – you find the perfect mix of big warehouses and small boutiques. The Scandinavian brands such as Monki, H&M, Sostrene Grene and COS are well represented, but hidden in the many side streets you find exclusive boutiques here as well.
- One of those side streets with nice, unique boutiques is Vestergade. Don’t let the H&M at the beginning of the street tell you otherwise ;-) Behind the H&M, you find a couple of wonderful little shopvalhallas. At the corner you find Horlyck, a candy store with only beautiful, classy (and a bit expensive) shoes and accessories. Enter at your own risk!
- Another shopping street that you may not miss is Volden. Besides the smaller shops of Marc Jacobs and Won Hundred, you also find unique boutiques here. If you want to complete that shopping spree, than you may not miss this street.
- Besides the bigger warehouses and small boutiques you also find a couple of flagship stores of Scandinavian brands that are perfect for shopping in Aarhus. The brand Rains – that you probably know from the super populair rain jackets – has a very cool concept store and also the store of &Other Stories on the Klostervet is a true recommendation. Everything is so pretty, you will love it.
Enjoy your shopping spree!
Tip: did you see Yourlbb’s other top lists for Aarhus? Or check-out Visitaarhus.com for many more tips!
- 3 x the best coffee in Aarhus
- 9 x great restaurants in Aarhus
- 3 x the best hotels in Aarhus
- 4 x shopping tips in Aarhus
- 10 x fun things to do in Aarhus
- Aarhus Travel Guide: 48 hours in Aarhus
- 9 x reasons why we love Aarhus
- Discover the Aarhus Central Food Market