Weekend tips for december 11, 12 & 13
Sinterklaas left and that means Christmas is coming! One thing I’ll do this weekend is put up a Christmas tree and visit one of the cool Christmas Markets. Nothing better then going to a Christmas Market with friends, drink glühwein and try out all of the Christmas bites! Do you want to get in the Christmas mood? Go to the Sissy Boy Christmas Market at Amstelveld or visit the Scandinavische Kerstmarkt at Muiderkerk! >> Have an awesome weekend!
Yourlbb.tv is giving away dinners!
The whole month of December we’re giving away giftcards for restaurants all over The Netherlands. Every week you can win a ‘Diner Cadeaukaart’ worth € 100,- you can use for example at our favourite hotspots like Volt and Envy in Amsterdam. How you can win? We give away the gift cards to new subscribers on our Youtube channel YOURLBB.TV! You can subscribe to the channel here! Every week we will announce the winners in the blog on the website.
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Are you more interested in brunch? Go to The New York Brunch at Cinema Paradiso. For 50 euro you get a 3-course brunch and a bottle of Moët & Chandon!
– Do you want to get a good cup of coffee? Go to Koffiespot at Elandsgracht. This coffee bar is completely new and improved.
– Have you been to the Satéclub Wunderbar yet? For tasty saté and G&T’s!
– This Saturday it’s the final of the Burger Beer Battle! After 32 contestants and 4 rounds it’s time to decide who will be the burger & beer champion!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Come and see the cool light artworks at Amsterdam Light Festival! Go by foot or do it differently and go by boot. In town until January 17.
– Do you feel like ice skating at a very cool location? Museumplein just opened Ice Amsterdam for 100 days of winter pleasure.
– During Hiphop Museum at Tropenmuseum there will be discussions with hiphop experts, artists and scientists. A must visit for hiphop fans.
– The Filmhallen and The Darling Amsterdam are organising the Darling On Tour – Film + Food + Fashion this Saturday. Shop at The Darling, dance with the dj’s, watch a movie and end the day with a glass of bubbles.
– From Friday until Sunday you can visit Francis Albert Sinatra-The Best Is Yet To Come at Conservatorium Hotel. This weekend is a contribute to Frank Sinatra!
– The Scandinavische Kerstmarkt is held at the Muiderkerk this Saturday. Get into the Christmas mood with Norwegian, Danish and Finnish bites and products.
– Looking for a Christmas tree? Go to the Christmas Tree Market this Saturday at Hutspot at the Rozengracht. Besides Christmas trees there will be cool Christmas gifts, live music, food and drinks!
– Or go to the Sissy Boy Christmas Market at Amstelveld this Saturday for a day filled with corny Christmas movies, glühwein, bites and very cool products.
– Another cool Christmas Market this Sunday is Kerstmarkt van Cook. Expect great food, beautiful products and beer from Brouwerij De Afleiding.
– For more winter vibes go to the Wintermarkt Amsterdam at Rembrandtplein. This market is open until January 17.
– Get your Goosecraft Jacket customized at Bijenkorf this Sunday.
– Saturday is the opening of pop-up store Crafts for Christmas! Until January 3rd you can shop here for beautiful jewellery, porcelain and crockery.
– Visit DaWanda pop up Amsterdam at De Pijp. It’s open until the 23rd of December and they sell unique and cool Christmas gifts.
– Did we get you in the mood for vintage shopping? Check our blog with 11 vintage stores in Amsterdam.
– In need of some new sneakers? We selected 10 cool sneaker stores in Amsterdam.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >>
– Do you want to go shopping in Amsterdam North? Check this video for our favourite addresses.
– Artist Tino Seghal creates live situations within the crowd. Visit this way of art in the Stedelijk Museum until the last day of December.
– At Foam you can see We May Have Met Before. Seven Chinese artists give insight in China with focus on the cultural climate, artistic developments and photography.
– The Amsterdam Museum also has a cool exhibition: Graffiti: New York Meets the Dam. The exhibition shows graffiti from New York and Amsterdam from the 70 & 80’s.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– The weekend will kick off this Thursday at Disco Dolly to celebrate their 2 years anniversary. And you can dance until late hours!
– Try to get tickets at Ticketswap for Pleinvrees 020 this Friday! It’s completely sold out so must be great!
– Or visit Together at Westerunie this Saturday. International and Dutch DJ’s will rock the place!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »