Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 29, 30 & 31!
I’m so excited about this weekend. You know how much I love street art and this weekend I’m going to do a street art tour in Amsterdam. Followed by some dancing at Magneet festival and a lazy Sunday doing brunch with friends.
Do we follow each other on Twitter or Instagram yet? You can find Your Little Black Book at @yourlbb!
Every Friday I’m a guest on Amsterdam FM where I share my favourite things to do in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Have great weekend!
PS: did you see my Lowlands festival report yet?
– Great neighbourhood cafe in Amsterdam West with good food. Meet Cafe Lennep!
– Next weekend it’s time for Amsterdam’s first wine festival called: Bacchus Wine festival. Do you have tickets already?
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 48 terraces for sunny days
* 10 summer hotspots from urban beach to rooftop
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Spend the Sunday afternoon on the patio at Trouw. From 4 pm you can enjoy the pizza club there for dinner!
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Vuurtoreneiland is back! You can now book your dinner at this very special restaurant at an island near Amsterdam.
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via email@example.com.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– Spotted from Oslo to New York: Dr. Martens on the feet of every hipster. Amsterdam now has its own flagship store!
– The beautiful Swedish fashion brand Hope opened a concept store at the Hartenstraat. Good reason for a trip to the Nine Streets!
– Until August 31. The pop-up store of Modemusthaves! For a fashion fix without spending much money.
– MP 211 is new pop-up store in Amsterdam West. For vintage lovers!
– Things I Like, Things I Love opened a pop-up store at the Ceintuurbaan in De Pijp. Yay!
– Gekaapt at the Kinkerstraat is the latest pop-up by the guys from the Jan Eef.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– 1 event in Amsterdam you can’t miss this weekend! The UITmarkt at the Museumplein. Get inspired for the new cultural season!
– The first African Fashion Week in Amsterdam at the World Fashion Center! Until August 31. More info here!
– Do you like urban art? Check out the crowd sourced urban art expo by Green Label Gallery on Sunday august 31. Location: Walls Gallery at the Prinsengracht.
– Sunday august 31 the Amstelveld turns into Montmatre. Over 70 artist expose and sell their work there.
– Sunday August 31 at the Rembrandtpark: Rembrandtfestival with food, drinks, vintage and more.
– Cool photo expo at gallery Polyester in Amsterdam: Kiss me deadly! With raw pictures of from American newspapers in the 60s and photos of 50s pin-up Betty Page. until September 7.
– Last weekend! ZOOmer avonden at Artis.
– New expo at the Stadsarchief. Vintage Amsterdam photos by legend Ed van er Elsken. Until September 14.
– New exhibit at the Stedelijk museum: Opera in het Stedelijk. Until October 19.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– Two new expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* Larry Clark – Tulsa & Teenage Lust – until September 12
* Don’t Stop Now: Fashion Photography Next – until September 7
– NEW photo expo at Felix and Foam! 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Tip for everyone who needs to eat glutenfree! A store where everything is glutenfree.
– Now open! New summer hotspot Waterkant.
– Fresh and made to order Mexican fast-food at the Salsa Shop. So good!!
– Neo bistro style food and the new food hotspot Bistro Noord at the NDSM wharf.
– New on the Wibautstraat: Stek! For breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks.
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
– Italian food and gluten free proof, that’s cool looking Bocconi at the Spaarndammerstraat.
– New pizza studio in town! Pistache is the new restaurant concept at the location where the Lobster House used to be.
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »