why we love the bab amsterdam for fresh korean food:
- Did you know BAB means rice or meal in Korean? Guess where The Bab Amsterdam got its name from!
- At Your Little Black Book we’re huge fans of Korean food and we couldn’t be happier that this new hotspots is opening in Amsterdam East on the corner of the Camperstraat and Ruyschstraat (and very close to my home!).
- It’s the first restaurant of entrepreneurs Junghun Pyo (37) and Sunny Kim (39). Fun fact: Junghun worked as Samsung as a business analyst for years but you can now find hem behind the pans in the kitchen to make delicious Korean food for you.
- The concept of The Bab is ‘difficult’ Korean food made simple so it’s accessible for a larger crowd to skip the sandwich for lunch and order Bibimbab instead. We hear you and love the idea!
- No worries if you don’t like spicy food! All the dishes can be ordered ‘soy’ as well.
- Dishes on the menu range from ‘Dolsot-Bibimbab’, Korean pancakes, ‘Gimbab’ and 80’s style pork cutlets. The Bibimbab can also be ordered as a vegan dish.
- The pork cutlets are already the favourite of Junghun as its a dish that reminds him of his youth. He expects to get a lot of Korean customers specially for that dish!
- Opening soon…
Our newest lists
| TIP: they also do catering for business lunches!
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Camperstraat 36Amsterdam (Amsterdam East)
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -