Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 12, 13 & 14!
There is so much to do in Amsterdam this weekend :-). From new restaurants to festivals. Love it! For me September is all about travelling. Will tell you more about that on the blog tomorrow! While I’m in Barcelona you can enjoy the best that Amsterdam has to offer.
You can follow my daily Barcelona adventure on Instagram and Twitter. You can find follow Your Little Black Book there at @yourlbb!
Every Friday I’m a guest on Amsterdam FM where I share my favourite things to do in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Have a great weekend everyone!
– New festival in town this weekend where food is a big part of the line-up! Check out Frank Festival at Park Frankendael on September 13.
– YAY! This ons is for meat lovers: Meat West is finally open.
– As an Artis fan I can’t wait to go there to watch the lions and have lunch at Cafe De Plantage afterwards. This place looks so cool!
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Geflipt is a new burger joint at the Van Woustraat. A juicy burger is always a good idea right?
– Sunday September 14 you can wine and dine at the Pure Markt at the Amstelpark in Amsterdam.
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 48 terraces for sunny days
* 10 summer hotspots from urban beach to rooftop
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– MP 211 is new pop-up store in Amsterdam West. For vintage lovers!
– Things I Like, Things I Love opened a pop-up store at the Ceintuurbaan in De Pijp. Yay!
– Gekaapt at the Kinkerstraat is the latest pop-up by the guys from the Jan Eef.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– The new movie theater De Filmhallen opened the doors at De Hallen. Tip: go for dinner to Halte 3 or Meat West before going to the movies!
– Only this weekend: short movies during Metro Movies at metro station Bullewijk. Food, drinks and movies! Friday September 12.
– Join the huge tomato fight at the Dam this weekend at Tomato Fest! And make sure not to wear your best clothes, lol.
– Last weekend! Until September 14 the Amsterdam Theater Festival and Fringe (for the more wicked acts) turn Amsterdam in a huge theater. Tons of locations all over town! A special shout out to the White Diner at the Tolhuistuin. They don’t serve you food there but short shows.
– Last weekend! New expo at the Stadsarchief. Vintage Amsterdam photos by legend Ed van er Elsken. Until September 14.
– New exhibit at the Stedelijk museum: Opera in het Stedelijk. Until October 19.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– New expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* JH Engström – Close Surrounding | until December 10
* Winner Foam Paul Huf Award 2014 – Daniel Gordon | until November 2
– Did you see the photo expo at Felix and Foam yet? 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– Festival of the week: Frank Festival.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Sweet Cup is a cute coffee bar close to the Leidseplein. Have you been there yet?
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Great neighbourhood cafe in Amsterdam West with good food. Meet Cafe Lennep!
– Tip for everyone who needs to eat glutenfree! A store where everything is glutenfree.
– Now open! New summer hotspot Waterkant.
– Fresh and made to order Mexican fast-food at the Salsa Shop. So good!!
– Neo bistro style food and the new food hotspot Bistro Noord at the NDSM wharf.
– New on the Wibautstraat: Stek! For breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks.
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
– Italian food and gluten free proof, that’s cool looking Bocconi at the Spaarndammerstraat.
– New pizza studio in town! Pistache is the new restaurant concept at the location where the Lobster House used to be.
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »