Weekend inspiration for January 8, 9 & 10
Dear readers, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Did you have a fabulous New Years Eve? Did you dance the night away? Don’t stop dancing, cause De School opened last weekend! And Friday is going to be fun at the secret New Year’s reception of Frits! Furthermore, it seems to be a pretty quiet weekend which secretly is quite nice after the holidays, don’t you think? While you rest, I’ll be making the first trip of the year to the warm and sunny South Africa! The Travel Guide will get a major update so stay tuned! >> Happy Weekend!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Make a healthy start this new year? We selected 6 juice bars in Amsterdam for you!
– Get even more healthier at one of these 20 healthy hotspots in Amsterdam.
– There’s a new hidden gem in de Zeelheldenbuurt: Pikoteo! A great neighbourhood spot with tapas and cocktails!
– Atelier opened in Old South! A new eat, drink and party spot you can check out this weekend.
– Friday it’s time for Frits: de secret nieuwjaarsborrel! Subscribe to this Friday afternoon drink and get the address via SMS.
– Or check the best restaurants of 2015: all of them are must visits for this weekend!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– The OFF SCHEDULE program of Fashionweek starts this Friday with Franzel who will show some new shoes.
– Also cool: Wintermarkt Amsterdam at Rembrandtplein. For winter bites and drinks. This market is open until January 17.
– Come and see the cool light artworks of Amsterdam Light Festival! Go by foot or do it differently and go by boot. In town until January 17.
– Want to go shopping? Read about the best shops of 2015 you can check out this weekend!
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >>
– Shopping at the Utrechtsestraat & De Pijp? Check this video with our favourite spots:
– At Foam you can see We May Have Met Before. Seven Chinese artists give insight in China with focus on the cultural climate, artistic developments and photography.
– The Amsterdam Museum also has a cool exhibition: Graffiti: New York Meets the Dam. The exhibition shows graffiti from New York and Amsterdam from the 70 & 80’s.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– Or go to Thuishaven this Saturday!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Read more? -