Weekend inspiration for August 28, 29 & 30
Weekend is here again! And there’s really soo much to do this last weekend of August! I’ll have to miss all the fun stuff because I’m in Tel Aviv right now with editor Ellis. It’s definitely no punishment though: it’s totally awesome here and we found so many hotspots to can write about! But that also means that I can’t go to the Uitmarkt and have to skip the The Locally Yours Pop-up Market. And did you check our Nine Streets Guide yet with the 30 best hotspots? >> HAVE FUN!
Are we friends on the social networks? You can follow us on Instagram and Twitter. Search for Your Little Black Book via @yourlbb!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live at 11.45!
– Do you love mussels? Go to Remis47 during the “Two Weeks Mussels” for the best mussel dishes!
– Prefer oysters? On Thursday you can go to the Oesterfest at Bautzuid! Oysters for only 1 euro.
– Kaagman & Kortekaas is pretty much done with the preparations and is open for try-out evenings! Until Saturday you can join them for dinner and be one of the first to try out the menu.
– The NeighbourFood Market is going to North this weekend! We can eat and drink at the NeighbourFood Market this weekend at where the usual Pekmarkt is located!
– Go to one of Yourlbb’s favourite spots this weekend for coffee: Zuivere Koffie at Utrechtsestraat!
– Neighbourhood locals and entrepreneurs in West are organising a culinary market: Erasmus culinair! Food, drinks, music and a chance to get to know your neighbours (better).
– Curious of which restaurants have recently opened? Check our blog with 14 new restaurants in Amsterdam!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Dok is having a party on Friday! The 14th openingsfeest with El Bongo! Doesn’t ring a bell? Think of beats, bites, drinks.. so definitely go for a great time!
* Looking for a place at the Rivierenbuurt and Amsterdam Old South to have some beers? Then check out the beer garden at Strandzuid!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* From 17:00h you can enjoy drinks with a twist at BAUTzuid.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
These spots just opened!:
* De Japanner
* Richenel’s Patisserie
* La Cage
* Good Hotel
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 14 hotspot at Gerard Doustraat
*81 hotspots at De Pijp you should know
* 25 hotspots at the Jordaan to go to
* 5 summerproof rooftops in Amsterdam
* 91 hotspots you should know in West
* 43 restaurants in Amsterdam West
* the best hotspots at the JP Heijestraat
* 48 best terraces in Amsterdam
* 10 summer hotspots
* 6 x city beaches
* 20 x the best take-out addresses
* 11 x of the best Italian food
* 12 burger bars you must know
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 9 x cheese fondue in Amsterdam
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 9 cool spots with a fire place
* hotspots in Amsterdam where you can eat gluten free!
* 17 x the best brunch spots
* 15 great bars and cafes in Amsterdam
* 5 spots in Amsterdam for Italian coffee
* 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco
* 36 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 best cocktail bars in Amsterdam
* 8 spots for free wifi, good coffee & lunch
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– This Sunday you can shop products that are made in Amsterdam at the Pop-up Market of Locally Yours! Only items from local entrepreneurs. So you can actually talk to the makers! At Pistache around the corner of the Utrechtsestraat.
– The coming weekend there’s a party around the Museum- and Leidseplein area during Uitmarkt! The national opening of the cultural season.
– Go to the pop up gallery Green Label Gallery this weekend! Here they will display one huge typographical artwork with works of different talents that have uploaded a photo with hashtag #greenlabelgallery. On Friday they’ll begin with a blank white wall and a printer. Beautiful works will be printed and hung up live so that they can finish the Sunday with one typographical artwork.
– The Loft is open again! A beautiful apartment in Amsterdam full with design and art. Everything can be purchased here and a lot of events will also be organised in The Loft.
– Kunstliefhebbers: ga dit weekend naar de Amsterdam International Art Fair!
– On Saturday there’s Local Goods Market again at De Hallen! You can buy all kinds of things here. From foods to bags, from clothing and furniture to design. All made by local (Amsterdam) business owners.
– The TonTon Club is going outside this summer with TonTon in de Zon! For the coming two months you can go to their outdoor game hall at Westerpark for a fun evening!
– Looking for something to with (your) kids? Go to Paradiso Playground at Tolhuistuin. An afternoon full with workshop, music, performances and a bbq.
– Until August 29, Vette Vis is organising (outdoors) cinema evenings at Het Ketelhuis. Entrance is free, but come in time to get yourself a good spot!
– Woody Allen is becoming 80 this year and the EYE is celebrating that with around 25 film screenings including the premiere of Woody Allen’s latest film Irrational Man. Until September 9 you can watch the comedies of Woody Allen.
– On Saturday you can go to ZOOmeravonden at Artis again! Until the end of August the zoo will be open every Saturday until sunset so you can listen to music and do other fun activities.
– Have you been to Vondelpark Openlucht Theater? Until September 27 you can go here for free music, theater, dance and cabaret performances.
– Live At started in the Amsterdam Forest! This series of open air concerts in the Bostheater has some good artists in their line-up that you definitely don’t want to miss.
– Looking for fun vintage items? Then go to Marbles Vintage!
– Buy the prettiest jewelry at BonBon Boutique! Very minimalistic rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets.
– Are you also crazy about concept stores? Then you must check out Collective Space at the Nine Streets!
– There is a new expo at the bags museum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time! Where – you probably figured it out already – black and white bags are the main focus.
– Go to Foam for the recently opened expo Swinging Sixties London – Photography in the Capital of Coo. Until September 2nd.
– Must see: The Beauty of Pop exposition of Frank E Hollywood at the gallery of 5&33!
– Did you already go to the Tropenmuseum for the expos Secret Love and Bodyart? Both are really worth checking out!
– Check our list with 5 x museum expositions that you want to see this summer!
– You must go check this out: the Springkussen Festival Amsterdam. Organised for adults and with Girls Love DJ’s and more on stage. Isn’t it great?
– New in Amsterdam: Amsterdam Woods Festival! A small festival at Amsterdamse Bos. For the real music fanatics.
– Vunzige Deuntjes and Valrave are organising a Valrave Festival at Diemerbos. With a really good line-up!
– Always wanted to crash a birthday party? This Friday that’s possible at Zomertuin! The pop up terrace at Stadsschouwburg.
– On Thursday PechaKucha Nights is organising a Rooftop party at Space!
– It’s actually already sold out but who knows you’ll get lucky on ticketswap: VondelDisco #8! Vondel is hosting the last edition of this summer season…
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
– Feel like clubbing this weekend? This is where you need to be: The Warehouse, Club Closure and Radion. They have great parties every week!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »