Amsterdam Weekend Guide for 21, 22 & 23 november!
I have exciting news to tell this weekend. Your Little Black Book is launching a newsletter! And to celebrate that I’m giving away 5 Dinerbon gift cards of € 100,- if you subscribe before December 5. Yes, I’m playing Sinterklaas ;-). >> Click here to subscribe to the newsletter >>
Back to the weekend now! BRRR it’s cold. Very cold! So this Amsterdam Weekend Guide is full of nice spots to enjoy Amsterdam at its best. From hotspots for hot coco to the best coffee bars and new restaurant openings. Amsterdam is vibrant as always! I’m very excited to go out for dinner with friends to Bordewijk. In the last Sunday 7, Pieter inspired me to finally go there. Oh and I’m going to Ice Skate with Eva of Amsterdam FM. Enjoy your weekend too!
– Yourlbb’s 5 favourite hotspots for hot coco! Perfect for this cold weather :-).
– Open this weekend: Brasserie Breitner. The newest hotspot in Amsterdam West!
– This Sunday it’s Cinema Culinair at PLLEK. Dinner and movie. And not an ordinary dinner… they serve you the food from the movie!
– Cute lunch spot to check out in Amsterdam West: Meneer & Mevrouw Keus.
– Another healthy hotspot in Amsterdam Old South! After Roots the Cold Pressed Juicery opened the doors there. YAY!
– Celebrating Thanksgiving next week? If you don’t want to cook a Turkey you can get a Turkey to go here.
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Coming soon:
* George Burger Bistro
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Here’s a link to all the brunch spots in Amsterdam Yourlbb loves.
– Have you been to pop-up cocktail bar Mercato Campari yet? Or check out these 2 pop-up restaurants in Amsterdam! Foyer (LOVE this place!!), Henk (until December 2014)!
– Only this weekend: a pop-up sale by Á la. For unique accessories and other cute gifts. More info here >>
– Three of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– IDFA started last week! Until December 1 you can watch the best documentaries at several locations in Amsterdam. >> check out Yourlbb’s shortlist for IDFA here! >>
– Totally sold out… but I had to tell it anyway… FINK is in town playing at Paradiso Saturday to Monday. Maybe you can get last minute tickets since there’s a terrible flu in Amsterdam at the moment ;-).
– It’s Vrijmarkt Weekender this weekend at the city farm at Westerpark. For crafts, vintage and more! Friday night they’re open until 10 pm, Sat & Sun until 8 pm.
– Always fun: the small business pop-up market! Indie brands at Pistache Studio on Saturday and Sunday. From food to fashion!
– Vintage lovers alert! This Saturday there’s a vintage market at the Javaplein in Amsterdam East. More info here!
– If you like to shop at indie brand webshops Flavourites Live is the event for you. Until November 23 in Amsterdam North.
– Do you like street art? Discover the best street art in Amsterdam and book a tour. Check out our blogs about Street Art Amsterdam tours. Also very cool if you live in Amsterdam!
– New expo at the Eduard Planting Gallery! Fashion photographer Rohn Meijer “Dreams go on”. Until December 1.
– Do you like street art? Check the new expo at the Go Gallery on the Prinsengracht for “Spread Your Wings”. Two artists, two styles! Until December 31.
– Check out this new expositions at photo museum FOAM:
* Vivian Maier, Street Photographer | until January 28
– Marlene Dumas x Stedelijk Museum until January 4.
– This Saturday at the Marktkantine: 3 years Kris Kross & EP release.
– We Eat DJ’s for Breakfast! Saturday afternoon at Paper Planes.
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Always fun: cocktails and dancing at Chapter21!
– VOLT at the Ferdinand Bolstraat is totally renewed. New design, new menu and a great vibe! Perfect for afternoon drinks.
– NY chic: Americano Bar & Kitchen is open at the Amsteldijk.
– Thrill Grill at the Gerard Doustraat for the best burgers.
– Rijks is the new fancy restaurant at the Rijksmuseum by Chef Joris Bijdendijk. Discover Rijks here!
– Have you been to the new &Other Stories shop in Amsterdam yet?
– Healthy juices & more at Roots at the Amstelveenseweg. Try the number 2!
– Miuse is a new concept store at De Pijp for a collection of beautiful labels for ladies. Gerard Doustaat 80.
– De Foodhallen are open! I’ve been there 3 times already and I love it there. Many food stalls with great food, a bar for drinks and a nice crowd who likes to food too.
– Have you been to Remise47 yet? Also located at De Hallen but then at the design hotel. Nice spot for dinner and cocktails.
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– Sotto is a nice pizza place who now has a second location at the Roelof Hartstraat. Pizza, like pizza is supposed to be!
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »