the coolest shops not to miss in Amsterdam West
We can’t get enough of West! In our Amsterdam West Guide you can read about
the (92!) coolest hotspots in West. And from our restaurant list you can choose where to have dinner. But we thought that there is still a list missing. A blog about the best shops in West for (vintage) clothing, to score nice gifts or buy home accessories. So read on and discovered where you go shopping now!
Clothing stores >> shopping in Amsterdam West
– Gesponnen Suiker: favourite at Yourlbb! At this trendy clothing shop you won’t be able to leave with empty hands!
– Following Lucy: whether you’re looking for a casual outfit for work or a sexy outfit for the weekend… you will find it here! But nice scarves, hats and bags are also available here.
– Objet: bags, clothing, jewelry and home accessories! Besides Gesponnen Suiker en Following Lucy this nice shop is also to be found at the J.P. Heijestraat.
– T.I.T.S.: festival-outfits, timeless musthaves and nice gifts at this new store in West!
Concept stores >> shopping in Amsterdam West
– Friday Next: come find your furniture and home accessories here. And at Friday Next at the Overtoom you can have lunch right after!
– Mashed: a cute concept store to buy presents for others (or perhaps for yourself as well)!
– Dépôt by Jonnhy at the Spot: you can buy clothing for men and women here, but it’s also the perfect store for the most beautiful home accessories!
– Misc Store: first it was only an online shop, but Misc Store now also has a physical location in Amsterdam! Buy your pretty little books and cards here.
– De Balkonie: okay, not a typical concept store, but still a concept store. At the Balkonie they have everything you need to pimp your balcony in the coolest way.
– Things I Like Things I Love: bij Things I Like Things I Love they sell a combination of vintage and new products. Besides the clothes they also have other gifts.
Vintage stores >> shopping in Amsterdam West
– Jutka and Riska: go vintage shopping at Jutka and Riska! Here you can buy clothing, original jewelry and other accessories.
– Bullitt: another fun vintage shop! At Bullitt they sell vintage clothing and furniture.
So skip the Kalverstraat and go shopping in Amsterdam West!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram