38 shops to score the nicest items in Amsterdam City center
We can’t say this often enough: the city center of Amsterdam is sooo nice! And there is sooo much
more than just the touristy stuff and the shabby spots. Here you find the most fantastic restaurants, nice coffee bars and… so many nice shops. That’s why we made this blog about the nicest shops in Amsterdam city center to score (vintage)clothing, nice presents or to buy interior accessories. Continue reading to discover the best spots to shop!
clothing stores >> shopping in Amsterdam City center
– Hope: are you crazy about the Scandinavian style? At Hope you can find Scandinavian fashion and design. Also to order online.
– Mint: for beautiful, original, lifestyle items you have to go to Mint. Here you will find something for everyone!
– OU. Boutique by Val + Rose: Ou. sells clothing for you and your little one, but also shoes and accessories. And when that is not enough: OU. is besides a mini-warehouse also a street city spa where you can have a brow- or nails treatment.
– LouLou: LouLou has two locations on the Nine Streets! Visit them for trendy clothes and super nice accessories.
– Anecdote: Yourlbb loves Dutch design! The first brand boutique of Anecdote is on the Wolvenstraat.
– Denham: are you still searching for the perfect jeans? This jeans store can help you. The location on the Runstraat is especially for women!
– The Darling: affordable brands, vintage and own designs. In this cute store you won’t only find lots of nice fashion but also cupcakes to buy.
– Toms: to buy very nice fashion items and to support a charity. We like! Toms sells beautiful shoes, bags and glasses.
– Rum: for Scandinavian basics you go to Rum in the Nine Streets. A beautiful blouse, a leather pants and other must-haves.
– Velour: more Swedish fashion in the Nine Streets! Velour is a concept store for men and women and they sell pretty much everything. From clothes to sunglasses and from perfume to underwear!
– Lena: the first fashion library of the city on the Westerstraat. At Lena you can borrow beautiful clothes instead of buying them (most things are for sale as well though). Better for us and for the environment!
– Mipacha: super cute, those shoes of Mipacha. They have a trendy Peruvian print, feel like slippers and fit perfectly with any festival outfit.
– Collective Space: this store is sooo beautiful! Here you go for the most beautiful clothes and interior accessories.
– Muze the Store: for urban women clothing you have to go to Muze. Beautiful, comfy and tough. Here you will find the bigger brands but also little brands.
– Samsøe & Samsøe: everyone who loves urban and stylish and is looking for basics has to go to this store from Copenhagen! They also have really beautiful accessories.
– We Are Labels Woman: here you find nice and international brands to score your most brilliant outfit. And its all good quality, beautiful fabrics in trendy and classic style.
Concept stores >> shopping in Amsterdam City center
– Sukha: yourlbb’s absolute favourite in the Haarlemmerbuurt! At this concept store you buy beautiful items to wear or to have at home.
– Nunc: only homemade, recycled and/or fair trade things. For at home, or to give away. For someone else or just for yourself!
– GeitenWollenWinkel: concept store where everything is sustainable. Here you will see that sustainability is not only for the bamaku type.
– BonBon Boutique: beautiful minimalistic jewellery, all handmade.
– Jan: one of our favourite concept stores in Amsterdam! Here you find the best presents for yourself and for others.
– Hutspot: this nice concept store is situated on the Van Woustraat and on the Rozengracht. A nice spot for coffee and lunch as well.
– Restored: trendy concept store with clothing, living accessories, books and jewellery.
furniture shops >> Shopping in Amsterdam City center
– Mobilia: furniture shop with a beautiful collection of interior design! Here you find everything from affordable to exclusive items.
– Store Without a Home: for beautiful design interior accessories!
Vintage stores >> shopping in Amsterdam City center
– Jutka and Riska: for vintage shopping you go to Jutka en Riska! Here you buy clothing and very original jewellery and accessories.
– Marbles Vintage: for vintage clothing with on the Haarlemmerstraat the nicest store!
– Episode: this company has four (!) locations in Amsterdam. Very understandable, because they sell so many nice vintage and second hand clothing.
and last but not least… especially for the men >> Shopping in Amsterdam City center
– Six and Sons: this two stories high concept store sells cool vintage items: from (men) clothing to tableware to old maps.
– Le Deux Frères: a concept store just for men on two locations in the city. At the Rozengracht and at the Gasthuismolensteeg 6. Two brothers sell the nicest fashion for men.
– Concrete Matter: on the Haarlemmerdijk you find Concrete Matter where you can buy globes, field bottles, travel guide, pencils and classic style razors!
– Tenue de Nîmes: a jeans concept store! Also perfect for shoes, scarfs, bags and other accessories.
– We Are Labels Men: with the same nice and beautiful clothes as the We Are Labels Woman but only for men! Here you buy the best basics!
Skip the Kalverstraat and shop the nicest items somewhere else. Go shopping at these fun stores in Amsterdam City Center!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram