restaurants in Amsterdam North you have to experience!
In the industrial Amsterdam North you can find awesome restaurants with a rough look. Old warehouses, hotspots on the water and renovated containers. From fine dining restaurants to hipster hangouts with organic dishes. We selected the nicest restaurants in Amsterdam North (including those on the NDSM wharf!) for you.
Want to know all about hotspots in North? Discover them in the Amsterdam North Guide!
Photocredits: Anne Dokter
13 x restaurants in Amsterdam North
– Hangar: a restaurant built in an old hangar! The industrial look and feel of Amsterdam North is combined with the warmth of the southern European because of the dishes on the menu.
– Café Modern: a homely vintage interior design and table d’hote concept. Every day they work with fresh ingredients of the season and so there is a daily changing 4-course menu to order.
– Restaurant Stork: a trendy seafood restaurant in an old factory! Try their plateau with Fruit de Mer (recommended!). And of course there are also some good meat and vegetarian options to choose from.
– Hotel de Goudfazant: favourite in North! Here you eat a fantastic delicious 3-course dinner: pure and no nonsense.
– Loetje aan het IJ: you get the best steak at the famous steak restaurant Loetje. Luckily Loetje also has a location in North!
– Il Pecorino: this Italian spot on Wilhelminadock serves Italian pizza! And nice: in the summer you can sit on their sunny terrace by the water side.
– SmaaQt: this brasserie on the Pekmarkt has a rugged look and offers products from our own region. Sandwiches, salads, soups and drinks that you can order all day long.
– The Rolling Rock Kitchen: The Rolling Rock Kitchen, in short The Rock, is a hotspot in an industrial shed, with guitars on the wall and various daily and weekly dishes on the menu.
– EYE Bar Restaurant: lunch or dinner with a beautiful view at EYE bar / restaurant. Before or after you can also watch a movie at this movie theatre.
– THT: restaurant Tolhuistuin is where you go for a simple, good bite and a view of the IJ.
– Café de Ceuvel: cool summer hotspot on an old shipyard. Café de Ceuvel is all about good food so expect delicious organic dishes on the menu.
– Pllek: nice summer hotspot where you can sit on the beach overlooking the water. In the winter you can take place by the fireplace. Go especially on Sunday, because then there is also live music!
– Noorderlicht: at Noorderlicht the food is sustainable and funny detail: the interior is mainly based on the reuse of materials.
check out our books here:
Anne de Buck