restaurants in Amsterdam North you have to experience!
In the industrial Amsterdam North you can find awesome restaurants with a rough look. Old warehouses, hotspots on the water and renovated containers. From fine dining restaurants to hipster hangouts with organic dishes. We selected the nicest restaurants in Amsterdam North (including those on the NDSM wharf!) for you.
Want to know all about hotspots in North? Discover them in the Amsterdam North Guide!
Photocredits: Anne Dokter
13 x restaurants in Amsterdam North
– Hangar: a restaurant built in an old hangar! The industrial look and feel of Amsterdam North is combined with the warmth of the southern European because of the dishes on the menu.
– Café Modern: a homely vintage interior design and table d’hote concept. Every day they work with fresh ingredients of the season and so there is a daily changing 4-course menu to order.
– Restaurant Stork: a trendy seafood restaurant in an old factory! Try their plateau with Fruit de Mer (recommended!). And of course there are also some good meat and vegetarian options to choose from.
– Hotel de Goudfazant: favourite in North! Here you eat a fantastic delicious 3-course dinner: pure and no nonsense.
– Loetje aan het IJ: you get the best steak at the famous steak restaurant Loetje. Luckily Loetje also has a location in North!
– Il Pecorino: this Italian spot on Wilhelminadock serves Italian pizza! And nice: in the summer you can sit on their sunny terrace by the water side.
– SmaaQt: this brasserie on the Pekmarkt has a rugged look and offers products from our own region. Sandwiches, salads, soups and drinks that you can order all day long.
– The Rolling Rock Kitchen: The Rolling Rock Kitchen, in short The Rock, is a hotspot in an industrial shed, with guitars on the wall and various daily and weekly dishes on the menu.
– EYE Bar Restaurant: lunch or dinner with a beautiful view at EYE bar / restaurant. Before or after you can also watch a movie at this movie theatre.
– THT: restaurant Tolhuistuin is where you go for a simple, good bite and a view of the IJ.
– Café de Ceuvel: cool summer hotspot on an old shipyard. Café de Ceuvel is all about good food so expect delicious organic dishes on the menu.
– Pllek: nice summer hotspot where you can sit on the beach overlooking the water. In the winter you can take place by the fireplace. Go especially on Sunday, because then there is also live music!
– Noorderlicht: at Noorderlicht the food is sustainable and funny detail: the interior is mainly based on the reuse of materials.
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
| PS: Traveling to Amsterdam with kids? My other website Travelkids.co & @travelkids.co is dedicated to family friendly travel. Check it out here >>
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »