This are thé hotspots at The Red Light District you have to know
One of the most touristic neighbourhoods in Amsterdam is of course the Red Light District. Known for the red lights and woman behind the windows. But the Red Light District has so much more to offer! On the Zeedijk in Chinatown for example, you’ll find many Asian groceries and restaurants. Or visit the Old Church where different exhibitions are on display. And did you know you can go shopping on the farmer’s market at Nieuwmarkt every other week? Be surprised and go to the Red Light District! We already listed some food & drink hotspots, shops and hotels for you. Read more in our Amsterdam Red Light District Guide!
Food & drinks at the Red light District
Restaurants at the Red Light District
Most food spots can be found on the Zeedijk / Chinatown. Where you can eat some delicious (and affordable!) food. Note: these are not the most trendy restaurants. But the Asian delicacies make it all up for it ;-)
– Hoi Tin: for years located at the Zeedijk and the place to go for Dim Sum!
– A Fushion: the fluorescent lighting does not necessarily make this a cozy spot. But believe me, the Chinese food here is delicious!
– Snackbar Bird: Bird has two locations in Amsterdam but their Snackbar is favourite. A Thai snack bar where you get delicious Thai delicacies.
– Little Saigon: for Vietnamese street food!
– Nam Kee: well known restaurant at the Zeedijk. And one of the best Chinese restaurant in Amsterdma.
– Yokiyo: fancy some Korean food? Go to Yokiyo. Favourite with many. Tip: order a Korean barbecue here!
– New King: a simple but very populair restaurant at Zeedijk with Chinese dishes on the menu.
But you can also go to these restaurant at the Red Light District:
– Mata Hari: all day hotspot that we like for a bite and a drink. The dishes on the menu are Italian and really good.
– Restaurant Bridges: at Bridges it’s all about seafood! But if you do not like fish, you can always choose one of the vegetarian and meat dishes.
– Blauw aan de Waal: located in the middle of the Red Light Districts. Restaurant Blauw aan de Waal has a beautiful courtyard but more important: delicious dishes on the menu. Perfect when we want a fancy night out.
– Restaurant Anna: a restaurant in the middle of the Red Light District. Anna stands for high quality food but at a reasonable price. Recommends: the tasting menu consisting of eight courses!
– Skek: this cafe is run by students! Food for less than 15 euros.
– Dwaze Zaken: this eatery uses as many organic, fair trade and local products for their super affordable dishes. Also fun: Dwaze Zaken also creates a platform for new musicians.
Coffee & lunch at the Red Light District
– Vascobelo V-bar: coffee and books! At Vascobelo V-bar, originally from Antwerp, you can have an all day breakfast, drink coffee and read books.
– Quartier Putain: a gem at the Red Light District! Go sit outside on a sunny day, to drink coffee and watch people walking by.
– De Koffieschenkerij: cute coffee shop in the Old Church with a beautiful courtyard in the summer.
– Latei: a spot for lunch and coffee, but also for some vintage shopping!
– Cut Throat Barber & Coffee: not only is this the place to get a beard or haircut, but they also serve really good Australian food!
– De Laatste Kruimel: hidden gem for breakfast and lunch! A small, cute space where they serve sandwiches and quiches.
– Art Deli: art, design and food at Art Deli. The place to go for exhibitions, cultural bites and drinks at the bar.
– De Bakkerswinkel: for breakfast, lunch, coffee, cake and delicious quiches! Extra fun: De Bakkerswinkel at the Warmoesstraat is also open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings!
– Omelegg: Omelegg is the first Omeletterie in Amsterdam! Only located in De Pijp in the beginning, but now also in the city center! With on the menu omelettes and other egg dishes.
Healthy hotspot at the Red Light District
– Lite/Dark: healthy juices, shakes and lunch! Quiches, raw cheesecake, gazpacho and fruit/vegetable juices.
Drinks at the Red Light District
– Porem: looking for a cocktail bar? Porum is one, with the vibe of a brown cafe and really good cocktails.
– Brouwerij de Prael: more a beer person? At the tasting room of the Prael you can try all Prael beers!
– Bar Jones: for (local) beers and bar bites!
Deli at the Red Light District
– Metropolitan Deli: a chocolate valhalla! Here they sell chocolate in all shapes and sizes, but also different types of ice cream and delicious coffee from own roasted beans.
Shopping at the Red Light District
– Ivy & Bros: for coffee, lunch and shopping! Ivy & Bros sells kitchen goods like mugs, olive oil, fresh fruit and soda’s. But also bags, notebooks and other nice must haves.
– Les Petites Puces: small vintage store at the Red Light District where they sell clothing, jewellery, art en accessories.
– Koko Coffee & Design: a nice coffee concept store. Sit on one of their vintage couches, check your e-mail, and stroll around in the shop.
– Anna + Nina: one of our favourite concept store has a location at the Red Light District! Anna + Nina sells beautiful jewellery, must haves and vintage items.
Staying the night at the Red Light District
– Hotel V Nesplein: the rooms of this hotel are decorated with a mix of vintage and design items. Extra nice: this hotel in the city centre is pretty affordable! Don’t forget to make dinner reservations at the The Lobby; the restaurant of V Hotel.
To do at the Red Light District
– TonTon Club: like playing games? Then go to the Ton Ton Club! An arcade at the Red Light District with pinball machines and a 360 ping pong table.
Do you have tips? Let us know! There is probably so much more to discover at the Red Light District. Enjoy!
PSSST… have you spotted Yourlbb’s guides for must visit neigbhourhoods yet?
>>> 8 x hotspots in the Bos & Lommer Guide
>>> 23 x hotspots in the Amsterdam North Guide
>>> 81 x hotspots in the De Pijp Guide
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Escape to nature
Find a nice cabin or house in the Duch nature to escape your busy life for a short (weekend) break.Find a cabin »
Train City Trips
Going on an international city trip in Europe by train? You can do that from € 20,- for a one-way ticket!Check prices »
Want to escape the Netherlands for a holiday? We got you! Check out all the last-minute deals you should knowCheck all last-minutes »