Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 24, 25 & 26!
Fall in Amsterdam is one of my fav seasons. Going to the movies with my love, for coffee with friends and drinking red wine with bitterballs in a brown café on Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I just don’t want to travel on the weekends to make sure I don’t miss a thing.
At the moment I’m in Athens on a travel blog event. Such a cool city! Lots of street art and cool hipster bars. You can follow my daily adventures on Instagram and Twitter. Search for Your Little Black Book via @yourlbb!
PS: Every Friday around 11.45 am I share some of my favourite things to do on Amsterdam FM!
– For this new hotspot we have to wait for a few more weeks… but soon this restaurant opens the doors in De Pijp.
– Do you like brunch? One of my fav restaurants for a long upscale brunch is Izakaya. This weekend they have one of their brunch events again form 1-6 pm. With DJ’s, cocktails and the best food. Great alternative for Sunday dinner ;-). More info here.
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Coming soon:
* George Burger Bistro
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Here’s a link to all the brunch spots in Amsterdam Yourlbb loves.
*Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Best oyster happy hour in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– All the ladies have waited for soooo long… but the new &Other Stories shop in Amsterdam is open now!
– Have you been to Gekaapt yet? Pop-up store Gekaapt is back! You find this cool store with local indy brands for 6 months at the Bilderijkstraat. With Nikki Namasté, Doing Goods, Cup of Jo & others. More info & photos here >>.
– Miuse is a new concept store at De Pijp for a collection of beautiful labels for ladies. Gerard Doustaat 80.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– Do you like street art? Check the new expo at the Go Gallery on the Prinsengracht for “Spread Your Wings”. Two artists, two styles! Until December 31.
– This Sunday you can hunt for fleas at the new Sunday market at the Marktkantine in Amsterdam West. Read more about Rommelige Zondag here!
– Until Sunday October 26 you can check the best photography, art and jewelry at the Art Square at Museumplein between Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum.
– There’s a new party in town at new hotspot Paper Planes at the Rokin. Tunes and drinks at We Eat DJ’s for Breakfast between 4-8 pm.
– New expo at the Stedelijk Museum! The 33 best books of last year.
– Check out these expositions at photo museum FOAM:
* JH Engström – Close Surrounding | until December 10
* Winner Foam Paul Huf Award 2014 – Daniel Gordon | until November 2
– This Friday there’s Klerenbende at Chicago Social Club. Dress up in the weirdest outits ;-) and dance the night away.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– THE big news of last week… De Foodhallen opened the doors! I’ve been there 3 times already and I love it there. Many food stalls with great food, a bar for drinks and a nice crowd who likes to food too.
– Have you been to Remise47 yet? Also located at De Hallen but then at the design hotel. Nice spot for dinner and cocktails.
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– Sotto is a nice pizza place who now has a second location at the Roelof Hartstraat. Pizza, like pizza is supposed to be!
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Geflipt is a new burger joint at the Van Woustraat. A juicy burger is always a good idea right?
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -