the best weekend tips for june 24, 25 & 26
Meanwhile I’m already a week in Thailand and wow, I’m enjoying it so much! So nice to get away from your daily routine and to be in an inspiring environment :-) New ideas are already popping up and I cannot wait to share them with you. But of course I miss Amsterdam as well. Because also there the city and life are always buzzing . This weekend again there’s plenty of stuff to do. Fun stuff! You can watch Finding Dory on the roof of NEMO or celebrate the big birthday bash of the Volkshotel. Want to adventure even more? Discover all the fun things to do in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide! >> Enjoy!
PS: every Friday you can listen to the Weekend Guide at Amsterdam FM around 11:45!
– There’s only a week left to taste the delicious lobster menu at Remise47. Until the end of June you can order a lobster menu here for only €35. There are also delicious a la carte dishes.
– Waffles the American way are totally hip & happening. That’s why you’ll find them more and more between the sandwiches and salads on the menu. With fried chicken, egg or just fresh fruit. Check here our 6 x the best waffles in Amsterdam!
– Vegetarian meals boring? Noh noh!! During the vega pop-up in Lab 111 also non-vegetarians will be happily surprised with the delicious meals!
– And there’s more good news for vegetarians. Saturday the INK Hotel will make place for Go With The Glow x ROOTS Workshop. Here they serve the most colourful and nutritious vegetable dishes. Sounds good!
– All the fine eaters can go to Pure Markt in Frankendael Park. Cosy terraces are everywhere and craft foods & drinks are served!
– The best Friday afterwork drinks:
* EdelWise in the Sieraad
* Of course Frits op het dak!
* Or go to Pllek for the ever fun Feeling Friday drinks
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant for summer vibes, beer and roti
* Bret in BOLO
* Or check our blog with the best Friday after work drinks in Amsterdam!
We have many more fun lists! Check them here >>
– Do you want to score a new outfit for the rest of the weekend? Visit the Harbour Club this Friday for Deluxe vintage fair. Big chance that you’ll find your unique statement piece here!
– Start your weekend in the best way at the end of season edition of EdelWise. From17:00 grs you can go here for the uttermost summer’ish drinks!
– And also Frits kicks starts your weekend! They celebrate Frits on the Roof of Nemo. A super cool and unique location to have your Friday after work drinks!
– Yes, yes, yes, this Saturday it’s time for Nomad’s festival. This intimate but very populair festival in Sportpark Riekerhaven is already sold out, but you should definitely try Ticketswap!
– Also the NDSM-wharf wants you to party this weekend! On Saturday the Noorderlicht Café celebrates the best jazz sounds during the Wicked Jazz Sounds festival. With performances of Typhoon and Kraak & Smaak!
– You don’t feel like party but don’t want to stay at home this Saturday night? Go conquer a spot at the rooftop of NEMO. During Rooftop Movie Night at NEMO XXXL you can enjoy a pop-up movie paradise for only 11 euros. Tip: bring your own pillows. And guess what movie will be played? Finding Dory!
– Another great chill acitivity this Saturday night: ZOOmeravond in Artis with Lea Kliphuis. During the – hopefully – beautiful sunset you can enjoy the performances and super vibe!
– This weekend it’s also time for the Hoftuin Zomerfestival. This festival guarantees a good vibe and meetings with special people. Dance with somebody you don’t know, have dinner with a refugee, sing with the homeless and make friends!
– Time for birthday cake! The Volkshotel celebrates its 2nd Birthday during The Big Date – Volkshotel’s 2nd Birthday. The theme: friendschip! So get your clique over there!
– Want to dance the weekend away? You may! During Strange Sounds From Beyond in Noorderlicht this Sunday. Tickets are already sold out, but perhaps there’s a shot at Ticketswap!
– De Baarsjes on their top: this weekend during the Mercator Market at Mercatorplein. From craft beers to craft delicacies, a stroll around a market never tasted this good!
– Do you love love love the Japanese culture or are just looking for a original gift? Get your bike and drop by the Lloyd Hotel this weekend. There is already the fourth edition of the Japan Market.
– Do you want to let loose your inner bargain hunter? We have the golden tip: take the shuttle from the Victoria Hotel – across Central Station – to Batavia Stad Amsterdam Fashion Outlet. No fiddling with traffic, just you and your new best buys at La Dress, Adidas, Calvin Klein and many more!
– Of course there are many more shops. Check them here >>
– Amsterdam loves Banksy! So for all the fans of the incredible popular street artist is the Beurs van Berlage the place to be. That’s where the exposition The Art of Banksy is housed. Until September 30 you can enjoy more over 85 art pieces!
– You just can’t get enough of Banksy? His exposition ‘Laugh Now’ is still to seen in the Moco Museum. Thanks to great succes this expo is extended until October 30. Plus, until July 3 you can also admire the works of Andy Warhol there.
– You can also check out the wonderful photos of Helmut Newton – A Retrospective in Foam Fotografiemusem. Until September 4 more than 200 works of the legendary photographer are exposed!
– Okay, than just one more Banksy, because in the art’otel as well you can check out his art at the Street Art Evolution inspired by Banksy. Even the facades of the building are totally into Banksy style, so make sure you cycle by. The expo will be there until September 30.
– In the Tropenmuseum you can still visit the Rhythm & Roots exposition. Until October 30 you’ll learn about how music world wide is the same or just differs!
– Are you a fan of the Rolling Stones? Make sure you go to the Eduard Planting Gallery. Till July 9 there’s the expo ‘Breaking Stones 1963-1965: A Band on the Brink of Superstardom‘.
– Another music legend that’s worth an exhibition: Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait. This gives you a unique peek into the private life of the legendary singer. An intimate, personal exhibition until September 4!
– Ding dong! Final chance! At Vroom & Varossieau you can check out the colourful art pieces of the Brazilian street artist Cranio. Until June 27 his paintings, drawings and toys with a critical wink to life of the 21st Century are waiting for you!
– Always wanted to travel through time? It’s possible! With 100 art pieces Made in Amsterdam takes you through the past 100 years in Amsterdam! Until Juli 31!
– The exposition of World Press Photo 2016 is still going strong in the Nieuwe Kerk. Want to see the best and most touching photographs in the world, this is your place to be. Until July 10!
– Wonen in de Amsterdamse School in the Stedelijk Museum is just so much fun! You’ll discover more and more about Amsterdam. Until August 28 these 500 art works will be here for you!
– Do you also love Grand Marnier? Then Snappers is your favourite place this Friday. Delicious cocktails with orange and cognac are made during Snappers: Grand Margarita Night Hosted by the Grand Ginger Herself!
– Just want to chill at home? Make it more fun with our Spotify playlists! Check our playlists here>>