Amsterdam Weekend Guide for May 4, 5 and 63 May 2018
25 tips for liberation day and more in this amsterdam weekend guide
So we just survived Kingsday, and now we already have to get ready for the next festive day… yes, Liberation Day! And it’s such a big plus dat May 5th is on a Saturday this year, isn’t it? Everybody has the day off, and the day after… A true win-win situation if you ask me ;-). We’ve lined up the 7 x Best tips for May 5th 2018 for you! But no worries, the rest of the weekend in Amsterdam doesn’t have to be boring at all. For example, there’s a pop-up store with vintage items by the most exclusive brands. But also the Pure Market is back again on Sunday, and we can score some oysters here and there. What are you doing this weekend? Check out the 25 best tips in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for May 4, 5 and 6. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: There’s a new vlog this week on Travelkids.co! Have a sneak peek behind the scenes, and you can of course also follow me on Instagram! And if you’re interested, there’s also an extensive baby room tour ready for you.
25 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Lucky us, May 5th or Liberation Day 2018 is on a Saturday this year, so everyone has the day of and you don’t have to work the next day! What are your plans? We’ve lined up the 7 x Best tips for May 5th for you.
- Yes, this Sunday the Badplaats Summer Sessions are back at the Volkshotel. So bring your swimswuit, dive into one of the jacuzzis and enjoy the view. There’s also a small sauna and they took care of some live music. Check out the Facebook event here.
- New York New York! If you’re a fan of the Big Apple you’ll want to see this exposition. You can visit it up until June 30th 2018 in the gallery of Eduard Planting in the Jordaan. Photographer of the series, Richard Koek, lives in Brooklyn and Amsterdam and wants to show his love for New York through his photos. Click here for more info.
- The sun will come out – if we’re set on believing the weather forecasts – this weekend. And that’s enough of a reason for a Summer BBQ at The Roast Room. Several kinds of meat from the BBQ with everything included – and for the kids they have a special price! Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday you can surround yourself in some French vibes. At The French Connection they’re celebrating Le Dimanche – A Sunday in France. That means that Chef Jef van den Hout is preparing a special five course dinner. They also serve several cocktails en there’s live music. Check out the Facebook event with more info here.
- On this Sunday Ketel One has organized yet another Let There Be Brunch, this time at Café de Paris. Starting at 11.30AM they’re ready for you with an all inclusive brunch, Bloody Marys, Espresso Martinis and live music. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Want to celebrate May 5th in Mexican vibes? That’s possible at Arriba Arriba. This Saturday they’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo, also known as the day that the Mexican army defeated the French army. And they’re celebrating that with live music, food and many cocktails! Click here for the Facebook event.
- New hotspot Box Sociaal is hosting their Sociaal Roest every Sunday. Every week they’re serving different kinds of meat that they’re throwing on the BBQ, and there’s always a vegetarian option and tasty side dishes! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Do you already have tickets for Taste of Amsterdam? Check out our blog to have a chance of winning 10 x 2 tickets >>
- Nice: The World Press Photo Exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk is still in full swing. Have you already been there? Check the Facebook event here.
- Up until May 6th you can still stop by de Merkenwinkel in the Gerard Doustraat to visit the pop-up store by UNQ. Brands like Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Balmain, with discounts up until 80%! Check the Facebook event here with more info and all the brands.
- This Saturday you can stop by Studio 191 in the West of Amsterdam and participate in a Vinyasa yoga class, followed by a happy hour with biologic wine. The class is suitable for every level, so a nice combination if you’re into yoga and wine ;-). It starts at 3.30PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- Poesiat & Kater is organizing a Liberation dinner / barbecue this Saturday. Nice: the entrance is free including a Surinamese barbecue! Drinks have to be paid for. There will also be (Surinamese) live music. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- This sunny weekend asks for a visit to a rooftop bar. And HOPP has just opened its doors! What are you waiting for?
- Oysters for € 1,50 at Bar Fisk this Sunday, but the other bar bites can also be ordered for a special price! Like sashimi, scallops or shrimps… yum! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Is the Veggie Festival already noted in your schedule? June 15 till June 17 2018 this festival is held on the NDSM wharf.
- Saturday Pllek is all about the Brazillian vibes! It starts at 5PM, and nice detail: the entrance is free! from 7PM the dinner starts and after that it’s time for (Brazillian) dance. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Zaterdag is Pllek in de Braziliaanse sferen! Het begint om 17.00, en leuk: de entree is gratis! Vanaf 19.00 begint het diner en daarna is het tijd voor (Braziliaanse) dans. Klik hier voor het Facebook event.
- YOU’LL WANT TO SEE THIS: The “My Name Is Prince” exposition can be visited up until June 8th in the Beurs van Berlage. Read all about this unique exposition on the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- The Pure Market is back again this Sunday, and this time it’s in the Amsterdamse Bos. Very nice for a picknick here, but you can also easily combine it with a walk through the forest. Like we’re used to at the Pure Market you can find all kinds of (non) food items, they have the carousel and live music. Check the Facebook event here.
- Feel like dancing on Sunday evening? Then Madness in the Mad Fox is the way to go. It is recommended to take the day after off, because it can – and will – get out of hand here ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Brunch combined with a fit lifestyle? Totally possible this sunday at Drovers Dog at the Wibautstraat. Starting time is 10.30AM, after which you can run – or walk – 5 or 10 kilometers with a group. Afterwards it’s time for brunch! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Do you already know which Food Festivals you’re going to attend this year in Amsterdam? Check out our ultimate Food Festival Guide of 2018!
- Gin Tonic lovers beware! At the W Hotel is Gin O’Clock every day between 5PM and 7PM. That means that all the G&Ts are € 10,-. If we’re a little lucky we can enjoy them on the terrace and catch some sunlight, as the G&T definitely tastes at least a little better then ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- Vegans won’t want to miss this festival on Sunday: the Vegan Amsterdam Festival in OT301 at the Overtoom. You can visit readings here, participate in workshops, of course find lots if vegan food, live music and stands with great products. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: one of these best coffee bars in Amsterdam? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Feel like going for a walk this weekend and discover a new neighbourhood? Check out the best spots around the Gerard Dou!
- Would you like to visit a sunny terrace this weekend, but you don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 74 best terraces in Amsterdam in every neighbourhood!
- Want to have a quiet weekend? Check out these 11 x Netflix series you’ll want to see!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
This weekend the Amsterdam Dance Event is still going strong with lots of parties in the city
Are you as fond of weekend getaways in Autumn as I am? If so, my book STAYCATION should definitely