28 fun things to do this weekend in our amsterdam weekend guide
YES, it’s time for my favourite part of the week.. weekend! Now we’ve been really spoiled the last few weeks with an extra day off here and there, but unfortunately that’s over for now. So now it’s time for a ‘normal’ weekend, although that depends on what you make of it ;-). Are you going to Oost TAPT Festival this weekend? If you’re a lover of beer you definitely don’t want to miss this! We can give four tickets for this event for you and your friends. Check Facebook on how to win this! But you can also visit Miss Moneypenny and go for some oysters for one euro, or dance the night away at the Waterkant. The best tips for this weekend can be found in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for May 25, 26 and 27. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: There’s a new vlog online this week on Travelkids.co! I fit in my old pair of jeans again (yay!) and is there placenta that has stayed behind? Have a sneak peek behind the scenes and of course you can also follow me on Instagram!
28 tips for things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- LAST CHANCE: Lemonade brand Karvan Cevitam is turning 70 years and they’re celebrating it with a Pop-Up Lemonade Bar at the Prinsengracht. You can visit the bar up untill May 26th. You can create your own mocktail together with the shakers. From sweet to spicy, from refreshing till bitter. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Attention beer lovers! This Saturday is the Oost TAPT Festival 2018 at the Jaap Edenbaan. Expect every type of beer here that you can imagine, by breweries like Brouwerij ‘t IJ, Jopen, Oedipus and many more. Do you already have your tickets? Check out the Facebook event here with all the participating breweries and tickets.
- DJ, oysters and cocktails at Miss Moneypenny this Sunday at Penny’s Sunday. The special cocktail of the day is € 5,- and the oysters are € 1,-. Check out the Facebook vent here.
- This Friday is Nachtbar at the Terpentijn. That means many hits, cocktails, wines and dancing! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Every last Sunday of the month you can score oysters for € 1,- at Nouveau Riche. A nice spot in the middle of the city, so you can hop into the Kalverstraat beforehand to do some shopping! Click here for the Facebook event.
- At Partisan it’s Seafood Saturday this Saturday. That means starting at 5PM in the afternoon you have all the Fruit de Mer and Sancerre you could ask for! And even better: starting from this Saturday this will be a weekly event. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Frits is back and this time it’s in the Foodhallen! It’s both inside as outside and of course they have lots of food options this time. Check out the Facebook event here.
- A party with a Surinam touch this Friday at SoSo Lobi at the Waterkant. It starts at 11PM and of course they have lots of Parbo beer. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Make your own wine, or book a wine tasting at Chateau Amsterdam in North! Read all about it here >>
- Do you feel like doing something cultural this weekend? Then pay a visit to the Park Hotel Amsterdam. They’ve set up all kinds of art works by local artists in their special room The Gallery Zone. Every two months a different artist or gallery gets the spotlight. Nice to have a peek inside! Click here for more info.
- Are you already familiar with the summer concerts On The Roof in Amsterdam North? You’ll definitely want to go here this summer >>
- Every Friday starting at 5PM till 7PM it’s Gin o’Clock at the W Hotel. The best G&Ts can be ordered for € 10,-. Of course the view is not bad either and that makes it tastes just a little better ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Brewery Oedipus is hosting their Planet Oedipus Music & Beer Festival on August 11 and 12 2018. Have you already marked it in your agenda? Read our blog here >>
- Are you an art lover? Then you’ll definitely want to go to Amsterdam North this Saturday and Sunday. Because then is the OAN Open Atelier Noord, where around 70 artists are presenting they’re work. From ceramic to painting. Click here for the site with more info.
- In collaboration with Brewery De Eeuwige Jeugd Smokin’ Barrels is hosting Blockparty this Sunday. The concept is simple: BBQ, Beers and HipHop music It starts at 2PM and it’s supposed to be a sunny day. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Have you already visited Persijn? Check out our blog here >>
- New York New York! If you’re a fan of the Big Apple you’ll want to see this exposition. You can visit it up until June 30th 2018 in the gallery of Eduard Planting in the Jordaan. Photographer of the series, Richard Koek, lives in Brooklyn and Amsterdam and wants to show his love for New York through his photos. Click here for more info.
- Are you into Indonesian food? Check out our 20 x Favourite Indo spots in Amsterdam >>
- This Sunday the Supreme Brunch is back at Izakaya. This brunch isn’t lacking one thing; there are cocktails, entertainment and so much tasty food. If you’d rather just come for the entertainment, then join in for a late lunch. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Is the Ciderfestival Fordbidden Fruit Festival on June 11 2018 already marked in your schedule? Café Modern in North is being transformed into one giant cider bar. Nice!
- This Saturday on the Javaplein is the Vintage Market. From furniture, to ceramic, to clothing; you can find anything here! Check out the Facebook event here.
- YES, the sun is shining and what’s better than to grab a bite out on a terrace? Check out our 38 x Restaurants with a terrace in every area of Amsterdam here >>
- Feel like a likke kid on the carnival on the NDSM Wharf that is starting this Friday. The industrial setting of North makes it just that little more special. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Are you exploring the city by boat this week? Check out the 25 x Best terraces where you can go by boat!
- TIP: The World Press Photo Exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk is still in full swing. Have you already been there? Check the Facebook event here.
- Is the Veggie Festival already noted in your schedule? June 15 till June 17 2018 this festival is held on the NDSM wharf.
- YOU’LL WANT TO SEE THIS: The “My Name Is Prince” exposition can be visited up until June 8th in the Beurs van Berlage. Read all about this unique exposition on the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- Do you already know which Food Festivals you’re going to attend? Check out our ultimate Food Festival Guide 2018!
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: one of these best coffee bars in Amsterdam? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -