Weekend tips for october 2, 3 & 4
October just started and despite the fact that fall has really began, we can still enjoy the sun this weekend! Gather all your friends and enjoy drinks or lunch on a great terrace somewhere in Amsterdam. I’m flying to New York to update the City Guide (also very cool). But unfortunately I will miss out on so many cool things to do this weekend! Mr. Porter will open the doors as well as Gin Neo Bistro & Wines. Luckily I already had dinner at Mr Porter and it was delicious! Also nice: Amsterdam Eats a food festival with only organic food! And did you see our new blog about Amsterdam North yet? >> Have a great weekend!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Mr. Porter opens its doors this weekend! A steak restaurant with rooftop-bar in the middle of the centre! Do we need to say more?
– This Friday is the opening of a new restaurant at the Jordaan: Gin Neo Bistro & Wines. This restaurant offers good, exciting and refreshing food in a laid- back atmosphere with great wines and G&T’s. So we’ve heard. We can’t wait to try all!
Tip: Are you crazy about vegetarian food? Make sure to reserve a table for the vegetarian restaurant-week. October 5 until 11! L’invité in Amsterdam has a great menu especially for this week!
– In the mood for a organic lunch, late brunch or dinner at a very cool spot in Amsterdam West? Visit Amsterdam Eats and try the most amazing dishes at this food festival!
– Have you visited the just opened Marvin? For lunch, coffee and very cool kitchen supplies! Food and shopping, great!
– Friday night, Roest is all about the Avondmarkt (night-market). At the warehouse you can taste, drink, dance and stroll around the market. Enjoy :-)
– At Sunday fun-day opens Moes it’s doors for 7 Deugden proeflokaal. A brew-master will tell you everything you need to know about beers and of course you can try it all! Stick around until 18.00 because then you can join the Plaagdierdiner (dinner).
– Do you have a hangover or feel like some good German food? Remise 47 starts the “two weeks of sausage and schnitzel”. The lunch- and dinner menu is all about German delights!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 17 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 48 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 18 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Go fall shopping on Sunday at the Sunday Market at the Westergasfabriek! The theme for this day is of course animals :-) (FYI: October 4 it’s animal day)
– Our favourite flea- market at the IJ-Hallen is back. The haunt for good bargains is on, this Saturday and Sunday. Good Luck!
– This Saturday at Amsterdam RAI: Record & CD Fair for all music lovers, DJ’s and collectors. There will be a thousands of vinyl records, pop merchandising and CD’s!
– Are you more interested in interior design? Don’t worry! This weekend Amsterdam RAI also organises the VT Wonen & Design Beurs.
– Do you want to watch a movie in an old-fashion drive-in movie theatre? Then go to the cool NDSM Wharf for Driving North! Movie-nights from October 1 – 11. And if you don’t feel like getting out of your car for food and drinks, just text and everything will be delivered to your car window. So cool!
– Ready for some me time? Visit Skins Cosmetics at the Nine Streets for an relaxing treatment.
– Or read our blog with 19 cool (other) cool concept stores in Amsterdam.
– Van Gogh goes hand in hand with Munch during Munch: Van Gogh at Van Gogh Museum from September 25 until January 17.
– At the Oude Kerk you can visit the exhibition: Pride Photo Award. The results from the yearly international photo contest about sexual and gender diversity are shown here (until October 25).
– Have you visited FOAM with the exhibition E_MERGE? A solo expo of Anne de Vries from the Hague who combines objects with the newest (media) technology.
– For the fashionista’s among us: there’s a expo the Tassenmuseum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time! Where black and white bags are the main focus.
– Club Nyx exists three years! Come and dance the night away at 3 years of Nyx – Anniversary Weekend!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
(Private) Canal Cruise
Make a boat tour and enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival from the water during a cruise on the canals.Tickets from € 16,- >>
This new experience with unique and colourful installations is the Instagram hit of Amsterdam.Book a time slot >>
- Stay -
This trendy hotel with a rooftop, restaurant and club is located in hot and happening Amsterdam East.Check the rates >>
This lifestyle hotel is located on Herengracht in the Canal District and also loved by locals.Check the rates >>
- Deals -
Tulips at Keukenhof
One of the most Instagrammable places in Holland during this season!Get that Insta-photo >>
Visit the number one photography museum of Amsterdam for exhibits about contemporary photography.Get tickets for € 12,50 >>