Amsterdam Weekend Guide for June 8, 9 and 107 June 2018
26 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
It’s the weekend again! And time really flies this year, doesn’t it? Maybe it’s just me, but I find it bizarre that it’s almost officially summer. So let’s enjoy the Spring while we still can, shall we ;-). And again this weekend there are so many things to do in Amsterdam, from dancing the entire weekend away in De School, or visit the World Press Photo that is still an exposition. But the real recommendation this weekend is the Surfana Festival. Although it’s not in Amsterdam, it’s really fun if you’re into surfing. Prefer to stay in the city? Check out all the tips in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for June 8, 9 and 10. Enjoy!
My new boek STAYCATION is in stores for over a week already. A book full with inspiration and travel guides for a vacation close to home. In this elaborate blog you can read all about it! It’s so much fun to read all the comments on Instagram <3. Thanks for all the support and lovely reactions!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
26 tips for things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- Don’t want to see your home at all this weekend? Then go to Het Weekend in De School. From Friday evening 11PM till Monday morning (!) 6 AM it is on. So definitely for the real die hards ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to know more about art? On Saturday there’s the Saturday Art Tour in the Rijksmuseum. Very nice if you’re into Dutch art! Check the Facebook event with more info here.
- Are you going to the Surfana Festival this weekend? It’s not in Amsterdam, but it’s really nice if you’re into surfing!
- Dance the Sunday away at Thuishaven Zomercircus! For a nice closure of the weekend (and perhaps better if you’re off the next day ;-) ). DJ Dimitri will be the DJ for 10 hours (!). Check out the Facebook event here.
- One of the most well known Latin singers will be performing in the Ziggo Dome this Saturday: Shakira! And even better: there are still tickets. She secretly has had many hits over the years so you can easily sing along. Check out the Facebook event and tickets here.
- Are you into Latin music? If so, The Latin Boat might be just the thing for you this Saturday or Sunday. You’ll go across the IJ by boat and of course there’ll be non-stop Latin music. Check the Facebook event with more info and tickets here.
- Happy hits from now and years before at Happy Feelings in the Chin Chin Club! If you’re into sing-a-long parties in the club this is the party for you. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Saturday there’s another great party in the Shelter. During Summer Nights Ron Wilson will be playing house music till the early morning. Always a nice moment to catch that sunrise at the A’DAM Toren! Check the Facebook event here.
- New York New York! If you’re a fan of the Big Apple you’ll want to see this exposition. You can visit it up until June 30th 2018 in the gallery of Eduard Planting in the Jordaan. Photographer of the series, Richard Koek, lives in Brooklyn and Amsterdam and wants to show his love for New York through his photos. Click here for more info.
- Shop for your biologic groceries straight from the farmers, and pick them up on Saturday. That’s possible at the Buurderij Amstelkwartier! Read all about it here >>
- Do you know Amsterdam West pretty well in your opinion? Even then, you might not know all the hidden gardens! On Saturday you can take a tour on the Open Tuinen Dag West with a map and spot all the hidden green gems. Fun to do with kids! Check the Facebook event here.
- The Artis Zoo is open till late again these summer months on Saturday, during their Zoomeravonden. There will also be artists performing in the evening. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Do you already know Café Remouillage? This new hotspot in the Rivierenbuurt is NOW open for business >>
- How fun is this? On Sunday there’s a gigantic flea market called the Gigantische Vlooienmarkt in the Olympic Stadion! Over 250 stalls or trunk sales can be found here. Let the search for hidden gems begin! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Have you already been to Nomads? This hotspot in Amsterdam East is one to have on your radar!
- YES, the sun is shining and what’s better than to grab a bite out on a terrace? Check out our 38 x Restaurants with a terrace in every area of Amsterdam here >>
- Feel like a little kid on the carnival on the NDSM Wharf. The industrial setting of North makes it just that little more special. Check out the Facebook event here.
- The pretty new location of BAUT is hosting a Salsa Night this Saturday! So shake those hips, and it’s great to have dinner here beforehand! Check the Facebook event here.
- Comedian Martijn Koning is preparing his new show and therefore he’s doing some try outs in Toomler, starting this Sunday. Great to close of the weekend! Check the Facebook event here and tickets.
- Are you exploring the city by boat this week? Check out the 25 x Best terraces where you can go by boat!
- TIP: The World Press Photo Exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk is still in full swing. Have you already been there? Check the Facebook event here.
- Have you already been to the newest location of Venkel? This healthy hotspot in the Javastraat is NOW open!
- LAST CHANCE: YOU’LL WANT TO SEE THIS: The “My Name Is Prince” exposition can be visited up until June 8th in the Beurs van Berlage. Read all about this unique exposition on the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- Do you already know which Food Festivals you’re going to attend? Check out our ultimate Food Festival Guide 2018!
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: one of these best coffee bars in Amsterdam? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
and make sure to not forget these tips…
- Feel like going for a walk this weekend and discover a new neighborhood? Check out the best spots around the Gerard Dou!
- Would you like to visit a sunny terrace this weekend, but you don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 74 best terraces in Amsterdam in every neighborhood!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
Tip: We have so many more lists for you! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
After , , Paris there is now also a The Hoxton hotel in New York.
After , , Paris there is now also a The Hoxton hotel in New York.
We think that every city should have a restaurant like Watergang. It’s small, very cosy
For all your poké bowl cravings in Amsterdam there now is a new hotspot in The Pijp