28 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
I’m a little anxious to say this, but HI THERE dear people… it’s the end of July. END OF JULY! Time is flying by, isn’t it? Maybe you’re already planning your trips for in the Fall – just like I’m doing. If so, definitely check out our city guides and travel guides that we’ve made the past year for destinations all over the world. The next vacations with our wanderlust baby is already planned, that’s for sure! To Marrakech and Tulum, and we are spending New Years in Thailand. But above all I first want to enjoy the Summer in Amsterdam. I’ve made a list of spots where I still want to go to and I’m going to follow that the next couple of weeks. And of course after that I’m hoping to tell you more about the hidden gems just outside of the city. Do you have a tip for me? Definitely let me know! I’ve put down my tips for you in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 20, 21 and 22. HAVE FUN!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: There’s a new vlog again this week on Travelkids.co! In my office for the last time, the last week of my maternity leave and an afternoon tea in The Waldorf! Have a sneak peek behind the scenes and you can also follow me on Instagram! And if you like, there’s also a baby room tour ready for you.
28 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- After years and years of waiting it’s finally time: the Noord-Zuidlijn is finished and open for customers! And they’re celebrating it big this Saturday at every station, where there are lots of things to do. For example at the Vijzelgracht, in front of the Taproom. A band and DJs will be playing the entire day and evening. Nice! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Just outside of Amsterdam, but it’s one of the best festivals of the year so it’s definitely a tip for this weekend: Welcome To The Future this Saturday! Unfortunately it’s sold out, so check Ticketswap in order to get a ticket. You don’t want to miss this one! Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Kwaku Festival is in the Nelson Mandelapark! Music, tasty food and lots of fun things to do. Won’t be able to make it this weekend? The festival will be there up until August 5th! Check the Facebook event here.
- City beach Blijburg is unfortunately closing down after this Summer and we’re not happy about that. All the more reason to go there this Saturday to the very last Summer Party at this spot. DJs, lots of food and drinks, that’s what it’s all about this Saturday. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are techno festivals not entirely your cup of tea? Then go to Juicy Festival at DOK Amsterdam this Saturday. As the name might suggest they’ll be playing juicy hits here, so it won’t be a problem when it comes to dancing the night away. Check out the Facebook event here.
- These 8 x Hotspots at the Van Der Helstplein are the ones to have on your radar >>
- Comedy institution Comedytrain is organizing the International Stand-Up Comedy Festival the next couple of six weeks. On several dates you can go to Toomler to watch international comedians. Check the Facebook event here with all the comedians lined up and the selection of dates.
- Jazz lovers, attention! This Saturday and Sunday you can go to the Hermitage for the Jazz at the Plantage. A chill afternoon with music by students of the Conservatorium. Add some sunshine and it makes for a perfect day! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you rather combine jazz with some delicacies, then go to Moer this Sunday. They have live music with Bubbels & Oysters there. Nice! Check the Facebook event here.
- Craving a movie night? These 6 Movies are the ones you want to see in theatres this month.
- VEGANS, you’ll want to go here. Daily Bowl of Happiness in The Hoxton this Sunday. In this masterclass you’ll learn how to make tasty desserts and cakes, all vegan! And of course you’ll also get to taste them ;-). Check out the Facebook event here with all the info.
- Fish bar Beet is turning two years old and that’s reason for a party. And they’re throwing that on Sunday with a Herring party starting at 4PM. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your schedule? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Mix Summer with dim sum and what do you get? Dimsummer at Ron Gastrobar Oriental! In the afternoon till 7 in the evening you can enjoy some tasty dim sum on the terrace. YUM. Check the Facebook event here.
- The Pure Market is back again this Sunday, in the Amsterdamse Bos this time. That means yet again a nice picknick, or have a seat at the terrace. And for the kids there are also lots of things to do. Click here for the Facebook event.
- LOVE the Heinekenplein! And also love these 12 x Hotspots close to the Heinekenplein >>
- Roller skating at 85 meters? YES PLEASE! That’s possible at Floor17, read all about it here.
- Have you already set the dates of De Parade 2018 in your schedule? This event in August 2018 remains the best closure of the summer.
- TIP: The World Press Photo Exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk is still in full swing. Have you already been there? Check the Facebook event here.
- This weekend is your last chance to go to the Over het IJ Festival in Amsterdam North. There are many things to do there, from theatre to art and music. Check out the site for the full program and info.
- After the pop-up of Mama Makan in the Kopstootbar, it’s now the turn of Mister Makan. You might already know them from the festivals! Starting this Saturday you can visit this spot for Indonesian bites, and make sure to ask for the VEGAN options as they’re really tasty! Click here for the Facebook event.
- It’s unfortunately the last Summer that we can visit this spot, so let’s enjoy it while we still can! I’m of course talking about Amsterdam Roest. This Sunday it’s time for some Salsa & Empanadas. Are you not really skilled in salsa dancing? They’re also teaching workshops here, for both beginners as more skilled dancers. Nice! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Do you already know all of these 16 x Hotspots at the Ferdinand Bolstraat?
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- For a decent party the whole night through, Shelter is the way to go this weekend. This Saturday they’re having the Summer Nights party with the best house music. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Care for some more art in your home? Then take a look at Galerie Modern on the Ceintuurbaan. A new art library and gallery that’s opening this Saturday! Click here for the Facebook event with all the info.
YourLBB's newest lists
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)