27 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
Bye Amsterdam, HELLO Londen! This weekend I’m going on a trip again by myself for the first time since giving birth, to test the new line of the Eurostar. A long weekend without the baby… I have no clue how I’m going to feel about that, but luckily my favorite neighborhood in London, Shoreditch, will provide some comfort and inspiration to not let it bother me too much. Do you already have plans for the weekend? Of course I’ve lined up my favorite tips again for you. And it’s A LOT! Never a dull moment in Amsterdam. Discover them all in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 27, 28 and 29. HAVE FUN!
TIP: Check out the travel guide for Londen here!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
27 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Life’s a party, regardless your roots, sexual preferences, religion or any other thing. That’s the thought behind Milkshake Festival that’s being held this Saturday and Sunday for the seventh time already. One of the few festivals that knows how to surpass itself every following year! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Rather sing a long with some classic hits? Then go to the Guilty Pleasure Festival this Sunday. The official tickets are sold out, but check out Ticketswap if you want to go! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Every Thursday, so mark your calendar for next week! Live jazz music on the rooftop from NEMO. And did you know you can enter the rooftop on top of the museum for free? Just saying. Read our blog here >>
- Do you also love Japanese food? If so, visit the Japan Food Festival at DOK Amsterdam this Saturday or Sunday. Sushi, sake, ramen, yakitori… they have everything. YUM! Check the Facebook event here with all the info.
- This Saturday is the official start of the Gay Pride. We still have to wait another week for the Canal Parade, but the party already starts this weekend! Go to the Vondelpark on Saturday afternoon for the festive opening. Click here for the Facebook event with info.
- The INK Hotel is also celebrating the Gay Pride at their Botomless Brunch – PINK Edition. This monthly brunch is all about the colour pink this Sunday. And as the name already might suggest they also serve an unlimited amount of bubbles. Yay! Check the Facebook event here.
- An ode to the King of Pop this Saturday at Amsterdam Roest. This spot is also closing down after this Summer, so all the more reason to visit it while you still can! The entire evening and night will be only Michael Jackson music. Don’t stop till you get enough ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Comedy institution Comedytrain is organizing the International Stand-Up Comedy Festival the next couple of six weeks. On several dates you can go to Toomler to watch international comedians. Check the Facebook event here with all the comedians lined up and the selection of dates.
- Hits from the fifties and sixties, G&Ts, Aperol Spitz and tasty pizzas. Sounds good, doesn’t it? ‘Cause that’s what it’s all about this Sunday at Mama Dough on the Beukenplein. And even better, because the Mama Mia beer by Gebrouwen door Vrouwen has a special price today! Click here for the Facebook event.
- A combi you’ll want to try: Fried Bao Ice Cream. Trust me, it’s so good! Visit Bar Karakter this Saturday and try it out for yourself. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Are baos not really your thing? Then try an ice doughnut at Peejays >>
- Craving a movie night? These 6 Movies are the ones you want to see in theatres this month.
- Time for shopping! And this weekend we’re going to do that at the IJ-Hallen. That the Summer would be this sunny and warm has come as a surprise to everyone, so that’s a good excuse to go shopping for some Summer items ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Kopstootbar has been around for two years already! And they’re celebrating it big of course, mainly this Saturday. Won’t be able to make it on Saturday? No worries, the celebrations are starting on Thursday and Friday ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your schedule? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Picknick in the park, a cold wine in your hand and some nice snacks. Or stroll around the market and buy some items for at home. Anything is possible this Sunday at the Pure Market in Park Frankendael. They also have live music as always and it’s guaranteed to be a Sunny Sunday! Check the Facebook event here.
- Feel like going to the beach but are you dreading to get there? Check out the 8 x Best city beaches of Amsterdam here >>
- BBQ, a DJ and a sunny terrace. Sounds perfect, right? That’s what’s happening this Saturday at Het Terras at De School. From 6PM the BBQ will be ready and you can get in line with your plate! Click here for the Facebook event with all the info.
- Are you a fan of Italian food? Then the Sicilian Summer at 5&33 might be the thing for you. Don’t forget to ask for the homemade Limoncello ;-). You can choose between a three or a four course dinner. Check all the info you need at the Facebook event here.
- Have you already set the dates of De Parade 2018 in your schedule? This event in August 2018 remains the best closure of the summe
- We LOVE Indonesian food! You do too? Go for a brunch on Sunday at Mama Makan. As they’re having a Bali Brunch with all the Bali vibes you’ll need on this Sunny Sunday. Order dishes à la carte such as Gado Gado or a soto soup. YUM! Check the Facebook event here.
- Are you more a seafood lover? Then visit restaurant ZUID on Saturday. They’re serving all kinds of French Fruit for a special price. Like mussels, crab and of course oysters. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Finally! We can use the Noord-Zuidlijn as a way of transport. Do you know all the hotspots at the stations, like these 16 x Hotspots at the Ferdinand Bolstraat?
- Lokaal Edel is also participating in the Gay Pride. Starting this Saturday you can come here for Rainbow oysters and G(ay)&Ts. Think oysters with toppings like mango salsa, cucumber grainté or a mignonette of Cabernet Sauvignon. Tasty and colorful! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Fave tapas spot Oresti’s has moved to the Overtoom and is NOW open for business! Read all about this spot here >>
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
YourLBB's newest lists
Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024: all you need to know about the artworks, canal cruises and routes // Nov 30 – Jan 21
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)