YES, the Christmas weekend is finally here, yeah! That means cozy long dinners with friends and family, tasting the most delicious dishes, unpacking gifts and just a whole lot of fun. And between Christmas dinners there are still plenty of fun things to in the city. Discover the best tips in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday December 23, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25.
I wish you a wonderful Christmas time!
– Three lists to make the weekend even more fun:
>> these are the exhibitions that you want to see in 2016
>> these are the best parties during New Year’s Eve
>> 19 x the most cozy hotspots with a fireplace in Amsterdam
– OMG, can you believe it? There’s an avocado restaurant coming to Amsterdam!
– It’s time to look back at 2016 and that’s why we made a list with our 34 favourite new restaurants divided in fine(r) dining and the best cafés.
– If you’re looking for something special to do before Christmas you can try the afternoon tea at The Duchess. They have a special Christmas edition and it looks soo good!
– How cool? A pop-up bakery that’s baking the Dutch ‘oliebollen’ all day long!
– The party just cannot begin early enough at Tapmarin in De Pijp, so they kick off with Vroegstuk op Vrijdag x Jaarafsluiter.
– And also Edel joins the friyay drinks, the jinglebells are already belling from 18.00 hours at EdelWise.
– More Friday drinks: 14 x the best Friday After Work drinks in Amsterdam!
Three delicious foodie lists for a very tasty weekend:
>> These are the Michelin starred restaurants in town
>> 5 x the most delicious vegetable mash in Amsterdam
>> Voor jou en je vrienden: 9 x de lekkerste kaasplankjes
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– Looking for a quick beauty fix before the holidays start? These are my favourite beauty addresses in Amsterdam. And make sure to book asap as of course it’s a very busy period for all of them with the holidays.
> Sense beauty & lifestyle: theadres in Amsterdam for shellac, manicures, pedicures, but also spray tan, eye brows and other beauty treatments.
> Het Massagehuys: for everyone who wants to forget the workweek within 1 hour.
> Koan Float: my address to get some extra ‘sleep’ and be fit for all the Christmas dinners!
> Miss High Brow: within 30 minutes your brows are perfectly in shape and coloured.
> Delete: I hate the pain, but the next day you forget all about that and are happy with the result. And so is your lover! Male or female!
> When it comes to hairdressers I hop between these places depening om my schedule: Draagbaar, Toni & Guy at the Rozengracht and Day + Night if you want to get a hair cut in the evening (book at Ischa, Natalia or Danielle.
> And when you want to spoile yourself with a beauty treatment or massage then Skins is great! And don’t forget your swim suit to relax in the sauna and enjoy the pool!
– Go for that cozy evening walk after dinner and spot all the art works of the Amsterdam Light Festival.
– And another tip for your Christmas spirit: visit the Winter Garden of the Pullitzer hotel. They transformed the place into magical winter paradise with live performances on Saturday between 15.00 and 17.00 hours.
– And do you already have plans for New Years Eve? Check our NYE Party Guide for the best parties.
– Just a couple of more days to win the best prizes, because did you know that we are celebrating Christmas with a BIG holiday give away? From manicures to dinners, we’re counting down to Christmas with new prizes everyday at 11.00 sharp on Facebook.
– It’s the last weekend of the Hema Gift Factory on the Nieuwendijk. For all your last minute gift shopping. Open until December 24.
– And did you see our new video for HEMA where I share my favourite party goods that you can bring your Christmas or NYE party?
– 2016 is almost over and that’s why we made a list with the best new stores that opened the doors in Amsterdam last year!
– And one more final chance: till Saturday you can go to the pop-up of fonQ for all of your gift and interior musthaves.
– Discover the city in a complete new way this winter with my tips from the Amsterdam City Guide. Of course you shop this andWanderlust at Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored and Mendo!
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– It has become a tradition: Klassiek in de Loods. 24classics brings you a beautiful concert together with members of the Royal Concertgebouworkest in the Zuiveringshal at the Westergasfabriek on December 24.
– Do you know the colorful and happy paintings of artist Guy Olivier? Good news, because he opened a new atelier/gallery at the Korte Prinsengracht. Go check these paintings out!
– A special exhibition in Foam of Hiroshi Sugimoto, the intellectual photographer who prefers traditional photographic procedes instead of digital techniques.
– The exhibition of the Swiss artist Jean Tinguely in the Stedelijk Museum will definitely make an impression. His arts consists of moving machines, very cool! Until March 5!
– Or check out the life of Marilyn Monroe at the exhibition of her 90th birthday at De Nieuwe Kerk.
– At the Tropenmuseum you can check out the newest exhibition “The Boeddha”. This expo will learn you all about the Buddha and Buddhism. Until January 29!
– Check out the cool exhibition of Banksy at the MOCO museum.
– Did you spot our blog about THE ARK yet? A new festival on a cruise ship!
– At C Amsterdam they love Christmas so much, that the organise the pre-Christmas drinks with DJ Anansi.
– In the Marktkantine is NGHTDVSN pres. Adriatique all night long this Friday.
– At Claire you can dance on on the beats of Elias Mazian and Daniel Wang this Friday.
And check out many more parties this weekend in our special list with the best parties for December 24, 25 & 26!
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>
– You just cannot get enough of Christmas? At Tapmarin in De Pijp you can continue the Christmas spirit during their Foute Kerstliedjes Avond.
Have a great weekend!