No lack of amusement and entertainment in Amsterdam this weekend. Both culinary fun and shopping fun are terrifically well represented with all kinds of things. For a drink (or two or three) you can go to the pop-up of Bombay Sapphire or the Champagne Club. And for all of your Christmas shopping you can go to one of the many Christmas markets this weekend. Because yes yes yes, there are different kinds of xmas bazaars both on Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and did I mention that Hema now has a Hema Gift Factory? All your Christmas gifts can get personalized here. So cool! But of course there are many other fun activities beyond shopping and tasting to do in Amsterdam.
And did you hear about THE ARK yet? A new first festival cruise in the summer of 2017 that will sail from Barcelona to Ibiza? How cool is that! Discover all the best tips, latest hotspots and more now in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide >> Enjoy!
PS: this whole moth we do a HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY on Facebook and the blog with everyday a YOURLBB’S FAV that you can win. From a staycation at The Hoxton to a gift card of Pluk Amsterdam and more. Check out our Facebook page for all the giveaways!
– Three lists to make the weekend even better:
>> These are the Michelin starred restaurants in Amsterdam
>> 8 x these are the must see exhibitions of 2016 that you can still visit
>> 5 x these are the most beautiful Christmas departments in Amsterdam
– Do you love gin? Then you don’t want to miss the pop-up of Bombay Sapphire on the Westergasterrein. Check out the video of The Grand Journey below! Open until Sunday December 18!
– HOW COOL? The winner of The Best Thai Award 2016 is restaurant BIRD in Amsterdam. Thank you for all the thousands of votes! Read all about the winners here >>
– YESSSS we made our BEST OF 2016 restaurant list again! Did you go to all these favs in Amsterdam yet? Check them out here!
– At the Rijk van de Keizer they’re hosting their restaurant evening again: delicious dining at a wonderful location in good company. Feel free to join!
– All Day Breakfast and Brunch Baos at Marvin on the Kinkerstraat this Sunday.
– Celebration time for the restaurants of Bolenius, MOS and RIJKS, because they just received their very first Michelin star. At which one are you going to make a reservation? Also check out our new list with all the restaurants that have a Michelin star in Amsterdam in 2017!
– And when talking about stars, starred-chef Cees Helder serves an exclusive 3-course menu for €39,50 at Thijs by Dikker en Thijs!
– Or is champagne more your cup of tea? Becuase also the pop-up of the The Champagne Club is still open this weekend. Let’s pre-taste for New Years Eve ;-)
The best Friyay drinks in town:
* Check our blog with 14 x the best Friday After Work drinks in Amsterdam!
Three delicious foodie lists for a very tasty weekend:
>> 9 x the best coffee in De Pijp
>> 6 x the best croissants in Amsterdam
>> 5 x the most delicious hummus in Amsterdam
We have many more lists! Check them here >>
– A great tip for all of your Christmas gifts: at the Hema Gift Factory on the Nieuwendijk you can get your gifts personalized. So much fun to give! Get inspired with our new video below.
– Yay! It’s already the third week of the Amsterdam Light Festival. Have you already spotted the beautiful art works? Discover them all and read all about it in this blog about the Amsterdam Light Festival 2016!
– And another great tip: visit the Winter Garden of the Pullitzer hotel. For your ultimate Christmas spirit hey transformed the garden into magical winter paradise with live performances on Saturday and Sunday.
– Looking for the best spot in Amsterdam to get your nails done for the holidays? Then Sense Beauty and Lifestyle is a place you should know!
– An adventure that always ends well: get in the car and spontaneously visit one of these Christmas markets in Germany.
– And of course we also know the best Christmas Markets in Amsterdam! Check out our short list here.
– Spoil yourself with a fresh hair cut at the beautiful saloon of Toni & Guy on the Rozengracht.
– And have you already decided what to do on New Years Eve? Check our Party Guide for the best parties and get inspired!
– Pssst… don’t forget! We’re counting down till NYE with a BIG holiday give away? From manicures to dinners, with new prizes everyday at 11.00 sharp on Facebook.
– Did you spot the store of WolfWare in The Nine Streets yet? This store is open until the first week of January and we love the new collection!
– We Are Vintage is back and hosts another Vintage Kilo Sale. That means vintage kilo shopping on discobeats at the old Bierfabriek on the Rokin this Saturday.
– On Saturday and Sunday you find the Christmas edition of the Local Goods Market at De Hallen. After that drinks & bites at the Foodhallen is always a good idea ;-)
– Also the Neighbourfood & Flea Market has a Christmas edition in the Zuiveringshal of the Westergasfabriek this Saturday and Sunday.
– And another Christmas market: on the Mercatorplein in Amsterdam-West this Saturday.
– But also Ruigoord joins the Christmas celebrations with their very own Ruige Kerstmarkt.
– A pretty cool pop-up at Hotel De Hallen this weekend: unique exclusive items are sold at Zolder47.
– From this Saturday on the Christmas market of Ice Village is open, right next to the ice rink on Museum square.
– Fun guaranteed: on the rooftop of Ramada hotel you can not only play a game of curling now, there’s a Christmas market on the roof as well this Saturday and Sunday.
– Sunday December 18 there’s also the Conscious Christmas Fair where you can shop great products with a good story at the College Hotel.
– Shopping and supporting charity at the same time? That’s possible at the Christmas market of Meneer Nieges this Sunday. Lost-and-found items of Disco Dolly, Chicago Social Club and De School are sold and the proceeds go to Het Vergeten Kind.
– Still looking for a Christmas tree? At these five Christmas stalls in Amsterdam you’ll find the most beautiful trees and best xmas spirit.
– And of course that tree needs some proper decoration, so visit one of these 5 Christmas departments in Amsterdam for the most beautiful decorations.
– The temporary interior shop of Huis Gekaapt is open this Friday and Saturday.
– Do you still need to buy a gift for a man? At these concept stores for men you’ll definitely succeed.
– Discover the city in a complete new way this winter with my tips from the Amsterdam City Guide. Of course you shop this andWanderlust at Hutspot, YAY, Hartje Oost, All The Luck In The World, Pluk, Toon, MaisonNL, Ninour, Restored and Mendo!
– And of course there are many other shops on the blog. Check them here >>
– Do you know the colorful and happy paintings of artist Guy Olivier? Good news, because he opened a new atelier/gallery at the Korte Prinsengracht. Go check these paintings out!
– A special exhibition in Foam of Hiroshi Sugimoto, the intellectual photographer who prefers traditional photographic procedes instead of digital techniques.
– The exhibition of the Swiss artist Jean Tinguely in the Stedelijk Museum will definitely make an impression. His arts consists of moving machines, very cool! Until March 5!
– Also this Friday the Van Gogh Museum is open until 22.00 hours. That means sipping cocktails, music and free tours while discover the most beautiful art works during Vincent on Friday. This week’s theme is durability.
– Or check out the life of Marilyn Monroe at the exhibition of her 90th birthday at De Nieuwe Kerk.
– At the Tropenmuseum you can check out the newest exhibition “The Boeddha”. This expo will learn you all about the Buddha and Buddhism. Until January 29!
– You can still go to the cool street art of Banksy in the MOCO museum until December 31.
– WOW! The event is not this weekend, but the tickets go on sale Saturday December 17th and it’s such a cool event that we just had to share it. If you ask us this is going to be THE festival of 2017 where everyone’s talking about. Meet THE ARK, a festival cruise that will sail from Barcelona to Ibiza and Marseille and back to Barcelona in the summer of 2017 for a 4 day cruise while you are dancing at one of the stages with more than 50 DJ’s. More info in our full blog about this new event!
– Party all weekend in the most fun alley of the city, because Disco Dolly celebrates its 3rd birthday!
– It’s also the birthday of Red Light Radio with Friday celebrations at De School.
– In Paradiso is Pop Ya Collar XXL: Slow Jams & Classics on Friday!
– In Bitterzoet it’s time for the golden combination of Vunzige Deuntjes x Sffrvl.
– And it’s time for the annual magical winterparty of Valhalla this Saturday at the RAI.
– Or how about Jeff Mills in the Marktkantine on Friday!
– Have you also heard our Happy Weekend Playlists? Check our playlists here! >>Have a great weekend!