18 x hotspots at the Van der Helststraat in De Pijp6 April 2016
The greatest hotspots at the Van der Helststraat Amsterdam
When the sun was shining last weekend, I spontaneously ended up on the terrace at the Van der Helstplein. This remains such a nice quare! Almost idyllic ;-) And De Pijp has plenty of nice streets. But the First and Second Van der Helststraat are definitely two of our favourites. These streets offer a fun mix between boutiques, restaurants and bars. Are you also a fan of De Pijp? Make sure you at least once stroll from the First to the Second Van der Helststraat, because we selected 18 x hotspots on the Van Der Helststraat in Amsterdam.
And if you’re here anyway, you cannot miss some spots in the neighbourhood. That’s why we included those as well ;-)
PS. Curious about the other hotspots in The Pijp? Check De Pijp Guide!
13 x food & drinks at the Van der Helststraat Amsterdam
– My Little Patisserie: this spot screams Paris. They have choux, eclairs and very good mille-feuilles. Everyday, the pastry is fresh made in the boutique. Already mouth-watering? :-)
– Mastino: this pizzeria does not only serve the most delicious pizza’s, but also offers healthy alternatives. An optimal win-win if you ask us. It’s pretty small here, so we’d suggest a take-away and inner in the Sarphatipark.
– Boca’s Park: anybody who loves shared dining, Boca’s Park is the right place for you. Vegetarian as well as meatlovers can enjoy their favourite boca and other dishes here.
– Scandinavian Embassy: this is by far the best spot for a good cup of coffee and healthy lunch around here. Fresh made pastries and sandwiches are the specialties of Scandinavian Embassy.
– Sinne: something to celebrate? Then go to star restaurant Sinne. With one star you can expect the best from the best Mediterranean dishes here.
– Wijnbar Paulus: this bar serves the best wines in a cosy interior. A good place to catch up with friends.
– Glouglou: definitely worth a visit is Glouglou. Here they only serve wine of very good quality, without any added artificials.
– Venster 33: off course we cannot miss Venster 33 when strolling around the Van Der Helst-neighbourhood. Open for breakfast, dinner and drinks. And G&T’s! Plus, small dishes that can easily be mixed & matched.
– Sir Hummus: At Sir Hummus they serve hummus and nothing other than hummus. You can choose three varieties: plain vegan, hummus and egg and hummus with beef. Thanks to its bright blue color you cannot miss Sir Hummus on the square!
– De Wasserette: this popular spot is mainly known for its wonderful breakfast and lunch. Feeling hungry during shopping? Have a seat at De Wasserette.
– Thrill Grill: What was first a food truck and afterwards a pop-up burger bar, has now become a permanent hotspot at De Pijp. Thrill Grill is thé place to be for delicious burgers!
–Brut de Mer: oyster lovers have to visit this place! Enjoy some of the best oysters in combination with a glass of bubbles!
– The Butcher: where do you go for the best burgers in town? To The Butcher! Our favorite of all times is definitely ‘The Butcher’s burger’.
5 x shoppen op de Van der Helststraat Amsterdam
– Eland en Van der Helst: it’s impossible to leave this spot without buying something. Because here they have everything: interior decoration, clothes and a nice mix from old and new stuff. But also handmade thingies.
– Sets: this is one of the few shops where you find A brands such as Zoe Karssen, American Vintage and Amator. And that’s not all, because there they also sell fantastic beauty products from Molton Brown and others.
– Cottoncake: combine lunch and shopping! In the front of the shop you can buy unique items brought by the owners from their trips and at the back you can enjoy a good lunch and coffee.
– Charlie + Mary: this concept store sells durable and ecological clothing for men as well as women. But also books, beauty products, accessories and even chocolate.
– All the luck in the world: looking for a nice present? Or do you want to treat yourself? Go here! From vintage pieces to designer items and art, here everything falls into place.
Do you miss a spot on the Van der Helststraat in Amsterdam? Let us know?
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Looking for a nice restaurant where you can eat gluten free? That’s not always so
YES, it’s time for my favourite part of the week.. weekend! Now we’ve been really