26 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
I have to confess something! I actually don’t really mind that Summer is over. Because secretly I always love the city when it gets a little colder and everyone has returned from their holidays. During Fall there are also so many great events to attend! And if you ask me, it’s the perfect time to visit all the wine bars and coffee places in Amsterdam week after week for a drink or coffee date with friends. I’m also very much looking forward to invite all of our friends for dinner this Fall and Winter. With the birth of Manuel we’ve redecorated our house and everything is now finally finished. I made a home tour video about it for anyone who’s interested!
Do you already have plans for the weekend? In the new weekend guide I’ve lined up yet again 26 tips for you. Have fun with the tips from this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for 21, 22 and 23 September.
don’t miss it: Goaldiggers Club Session
And lastly, I have a nice announcement to share with you! Sunday September 30 I’m partaking in the panel of the Goaldiggers Club Session where I will tell all about how to build a successful brand strategy, together with my fellow inspiring women. A day in the W Hotel in Amsterdam that’s full of sessions on how you can make your own business (to be) as successful (or more) by learning from other entrepreneurs. Check out the full schedule here! A ticket is€ 99,-, but use the discount code ‘YOURLBBXTHEGOALDIGGERSCLUB‘ and receive a 10% discount on your ticket!
Will you be there? Bring my books and I will sign them for you after the session!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: It has been a bit quiet with the blogs on Travelkids.co (something to do with a book deadline), but the vlog is back! Are you gonna watch the double weekend vlog? You can also follow our adventures with the little family behind the scenes on Instagram!
26 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- TIP: Go to the LaDress sample sale on September 21, 22 or 23, where they have discounts up to 70%! The sample sale can be found in the World Fashion Center. Note: You have to order tickets to get in. Read our blog about it here >>
- Nice: the National Neighbors Day on the Jan Pieter Heijestraat. For anyone who lives in the area, but everyone is welcome! There will be a hippie market, food trucks, DJs, a sangria bar and much more! Check the Facebook event here.
- This weekend, the Umami Food Festival is back at the Tropenmuseum for the second edition! The previous editions were a huge succes and that’s also guaranteed for this weekend! Are you into Asian food? You’re in for a treat with all of the food trucks here. Read all about this event here >>
- Are you participating? This Sunday is the Dam tot Damloop! In case you’re not a runner but you ARE into a fun Sunday, cheer the runners over the finish and join the party afterwards yourself ;-). There are many performances and DJs! Check the Facebook event here.
- Looking for a nice hotspot in Amsterdam North? ByGary is our new fave! And this is a pop-up restaurant, so be quick ;-). Read all about this spot here >>
- Always wanted to know what it’s like to have a tattoo? Good news! In the pop-up store in honor of the new Wolford INK collection you can score a statement panty designed by tattoo artists all over the world. You can visit it up until September 24 in the Bijenkorf. Read our blog about it here >>
- Film museum EYE is hosting a Cello & Film Festival till September 26. As the name might suggest, they’re viewing films that are about the music instrument the cello. Boring? On the contrary! Check the Facebook event here.
- You can go shopping at a very special spot, namely the Hortus Botanicus. They’re hosting the Fall Market! Green entrepreneurs are offering their products here. And of course they know all about plants here ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- There’s a new pop-up spot in the Kopstootbar: Sergeant Pepper! You can come here for all kinds of tasty Indian dishes. Nice: they also have lots of vegan options! Check the Facebook event here with all the info.
- More green in your home? Go to the op-up store by Green Lifestyle up until September 30! Read our blog about it here >>
- Oysters for one euro at hotspot Rayeigh & Ramsay! That’s an easy choice of course, the hardest task is to pick one of the over 100 types of wines by the glass ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- This weekend the Urban Winery by Lindeman’s will open in The Hoxton! Great way to celebrate the weekend. Read all about it here >>
- Another great sample sale this weekend, we’re talking about the one at Atelier des Femmes on Sunday! Lots of discounts, and you can find this sale in The Diamond Factory in the East of Amsterdam. Check the Facebook event here with all the info you need.
- It may still be September, at Proeflokaal A. van Wees they’re already starting with Oktoberfest! From 4PM they’ll start bringing out the pints of beer. Check the Facebook event here.
- Are you familiar with the Syrian kitchen? Either way, you want to know the new spot Sham >>
- The September edition of The Maker Market wil be at De Hallen this weekend. You can find young and innovative artists here that promote their art. And of course everything is for sale! Click here for the Facebook event.
- While we still can: enjoy Live music in the garden of the Tolhuistuin! Just to be sure, bring your jacket with you, and definitely chill out in the grass with a snack, a drink and live music the entire day :-). Nice! Check the Facebook event here.
- Music lovers will want to know this spot: Radio Radio is the new pop-up bar at the Westergas terrain >>
- Are you into spicy food? Go to HOPP This Sunday, where the chili pepper plays the main part today. At their Spicy Pepper Party they’ll use their own peppers from the garden in dishes such as hot wings, but you can also join a workshop. Check the Facebook event for all the info.
- Wanna go for a cultural trip? Then go to the Moco Museum! They’re having an exposition by Icy and Sot. These Iranian street artists are nicknamed the ‘Banksy of Iran’. Definitely recommended! TIP: If you buy your tickets online and use the code freeposter you’ll get a free poster to take home worth € 25,-! Check out the site for all the info.
- It’s quite a bike ride, but still lots of fun: the Pure Market in the Amsterdamse Bos. Great spot for a picknick and it’s always nice to go for a walk in this forrest. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Let’s go for some avocado! Oh yes, The Avocado Show Boutique is OPEN >>
- This is the last weekend of the West Beach Film Festival at the Sloterplas. They’ll air all sorts of movies and documentaries here. Check the Facebook event with all the info and time tables.
- The Tropenmuseum has another great exposition, named Things That Matter. As the name already suggests, they’re exhibiting personal belongings that matter a lot to different kinds of people. This differs per culture for example, and it gives an interesting image of people. Check our blog on this exposition here >>
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye out for our ‘Coming Soon‘ list.
Our newest lists
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)