28 things you’ll want to do this sunny weekend in amsterdam!
Friday the 13 stand for bad luck? Well, not if you ask me! With a little bit of luck the sun will keep on shining this weekend and we can go and do lots of things outdoors. Because there are lots of nice things on the agenda this weekend in Amsterdam. Like going shopping at the IJ-Hallen, but there’s also a sample sale of Denham. And although it’s technically not in Amsterdam, it’s definitely worth the trip: the Japanese Cherry Blossom Park at the Oude Dorp in Amstelveen. There you’ll get the aactual Spring feeling! These and many more tips can be found in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide of April 13, 14 and 15. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: This week a new vlog again where I tell you about my new book and our home is finally done! You can watch it on Travelkids.co! Have a sneak peek behind the scenes, and you can also follow me on Instagram!
28 x leuke dingen om dit weekend te doen in Amsterdam
- The Stadionplein has been completely renewed, including new hotspots! Check out the 14 x Hotspots around the Stadionplein!
- Yes, we can go shopping at the IJ-Hallen again this weekend! Saturday and Sunday you can score the cutest vintage items here. Be on time for the best catches. Click here for the Facebook event.
- TIP: Participate in one of the workshops at the Hortus Botanicus. Check out our extensive blog about it and win two tickets for the workshops >>
- the World Press Photo exhibition is starting April 14 in the Nieuwe Kerk. Check out all the photos that are in the running to win the photo contest. You can visit the exhibition till July 22nd! Check out the Facebook event with more info here.
- YOU’LL WANT TO SEE THIS: The “My Name Is Prince” exposition can be visited up until June 8th in the Beurs van Berlage. Read all about this unique exposition on the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- The asparagus season has started and they’re celebrating it at Envy! From April 12 you can visit the restaurant for an extensive asparagus menu. Eight (!) courses with asparagus and fitting wines. Check out the Facebook event here with more info.
- If you’re into Bali vibes you’d have to go to Mama Makan this Sunday. Because they’re hosting a Bali Brunch then. This Sunday is the very first edition – after this the brunch will be a weekly event every Sunday! Fun: they also have lots of options when it comes to alcohol free cocktails. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Take your lover shopping from Friday till Sunday to the Denham Sample Sale. For both women as men they have all the clothing lines by Denham here, with lots of discount. Check out the Facebook event here.
- This Saturday the first beach party Summer Sessions is at Pllek. It starts at 2PM and nice: it’s free entrance! Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday Izakaya is going all out again with their Amsterdam Supreme Brunch. Cocktails, champagne, DJ and bites aplenty! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Perhaps not in Amsterdam, but it’s definitely worth the trip. In Amstelveen you can go to the Japanese Cherry Blossom Park where they have over 200 beautiful Japanese flowers. In the Amsterdamse Bos, close to the Oude Dorp.
- From April 12 you can visit the NDSM Loods for The Color Purple – The Musical every day. It has won two Tony Awards and after their tour across the US they’re now visiting The Netherlands. Click here for the Facebook event and tickets.
- Have you already visited the new hotspot of The Bank Hotel, Roebling’s?
- Have you been staying out on the terrace too long on Saturday, and now you don’t know what to do with the rest of your evening? Then check out the Late Night Show at Toomler. It starts at midnight and many well-known comedians are bound to make an appearance.
- YES, Tony Chocolonely has opened a second store in Amsterdam, in the heart of the centre!
- Do you already know which Food Festivals you’re going to attend in Amsterdam this year? Check out our ultimate Food Festival Guide of 2018!
- This Sunday the Museum Market is back at the Museum Square. Score the best art items and food, starting from 12PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- NOW OPEN: Libertine Petit Café has opened its doors at the Noordermarkt! Have you been there yet?
- For German house music you’d have to visit the Marktkantine this Friday. Adana Twins and Lövestad (live) will be the DJs, and there are still tickets! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Bring the Spring inside your home with Mina Abouzahra. In her studio you’ll get discounts this Sunday from 1PM – 6PM. It’s on the Zeeburgerdijk, check out the site for more info.
- Feel like going to see a movie? This month lots of movies have premiered again, check out the movies you want to see in theatre this April here!
- Oysters on Sunday at Prinz Wolf. From 12 in the afternoon till 6 in the evening the oysters will be € 1,- per piece. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: one of these best coffee bars in Amsterdam? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
Our newest lists
and make sure to not forget these tips…
- Craving a walk in the park and a drink afterwards? Then check out the best spots close to the Vondelpark!
- Would you like to visit a sunny terrace this weekend, but you don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 59 best terraces in Amsterdam in every neighbourhood!
- The Amstelveenseweg is hot! Check out the 18 x Hotspots around the Amstelveenseweg!
- Like to make some cultural trips this April? Check out our list with expositions you can visit this month!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -