Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 10, 11 and 129 August 2018
27 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
Cheers to the WEEKEND! Perhaps I shouldn’t be saying this, but I’m secretly enjoying the fact that it’s not as warm anymore. Love those tropical temperatures, but not if there’s work to do, right? I’m still enjoying the summer in my our country as much as I can though. For example, I’ve been on STAYCATION several times already! And I’m happily continuing that this weekend. Did you know that you can spend the night at Fort Pampus after visiting the pop-up restaurant Zomerlicht? How cool is that! And that’s exactly what I’m going to do this weekend.
Do you already have plans for the weekend? Here’s a brand new weekend guide for you including 27 tips that you definitely will want to check out. Because… plans are always bound to change! Have fun with the tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 10, 11 and 12.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: There’s a new vlog to watch again on Travelkids.co! We’ve been on another STAYCATION to Zeeland, so that means back to my roots and I’m showing you all the (kidsproof) hotspots there. Tip: you can follow our daily adventure on Instagram too.
27 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Want to start off the weekend in the best possible way? Then go to StrandZuid this Friday, where they’re hosting the Amsterdam Beerpong Championship at their Bierborrel! It’s not obligated to compete, but rooting for a team is always appreciated ;-). Or just stop by for a drink and/or some dancing is of course allowed. Check their Facebook event here.
- The best silent disco party is back again this weekend. Vondel Disco is not at the Vondeltuin anymore for some time now, but they change their location per edition. This time it’s Hotel Arena‘s turn! This Saturday you can sing along with all the hits in their garden – you won’t be heard with a headphone on! Click here for the Facebook event.
- If you’re craving a relaxed afternoon this Saturday or Sundau, Jazz at the Plantage might be your thing. At the Hermitage students from the Conservatorium will be playing starting at around 4PM. And meanwhile you’re enjoying the sun while chilling on the grass; not a bad combination at all I would say! Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you rather be somewhere where there’s more liveliness, or you want to close the weekend with a bang, this Sunday Thuishaven is hosting yet another Zomercircus. This time ROD is the headliner. The pre-sale is already sold out, so get there on time if you still want to have a ticket. Check the Facebook event here.
- Silent Disco is HOT! Because this weekend you can also go to Amsterdam North, at Noorderlicht, to visit their Silent Disco Summer Evening on Saturday. Nice! They have three different channels with music, so chances are at least one of those will be to your liking ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- All good things come to an end… and that’s unfortunately also the case with Blijburg aan Zee. From October 1st this nice city beach will be closed, but not before they’re hosting their well known fair two times in the upcoming months! One of those dates is this Saturday. Read the elaborate blog here >>
- YES, this weekend is the weekend of the festival Appelsap in the Flevopark. Several DJs, but also De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig will be performing. Check the Facebook event with the complete line up and tickets here.
- Wanna go for a cultural trip? Then go to the Moco Museum! They’re holding an exposition by Icy and Sot. They’re Iranian street artists that are nicknamed the ‘Bansky of Iran’. Definitely recommended! Check out the site for all the info.
- Attention vegans! This Friday, Saturday and Sunday the Westergasfabriek is hosting the Vegan Food Festival. Besides tasty food they’re also giving workshops, there are sports activities, music and even documentaries to watch. And: the entrance is free! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Rooftop bars are FUN! Agree? Then go to Nemo, that is open till 9PM every evening this summer and has a free entrance. Extra tip: go on a Thursday evening, because they have some live music as well. Nice! Read our blog about it here >>
- Craving a movie night? These are the 8 x Netflix movies and series you want to watch >>
- In the Amsterdamse Bostheater they’re having the play De Meeuw up until September 8. This is a play originally by Anton Tsjechov. A comedy about all the attempts to create some meaning to life. Fun to do on a summer evening! Check the site for all the dates and more info.
- Planet Oedipus Music & Beer Festival is the event that beer lovers want to attend this weekend. NoordOogst in Amsterdam North is all about beer and music this Saturday and Sunday. Check our extensive blog on this event here >>
- Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your calendar? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Tropenmuseum has another great exposition, named Things That Matter. As the name already suggests, they’re exhibiting personal belongings that matter a lot to different kinds of people. This differs per culture for example, and it gives an interesting image of people. Check our blog on this exposition here >>
- This might be one of the last times to visit this hotspot, because after this season it’s unfortunately over and done. Of course I’m talking about Amsterdam Roest, where there’s a Temptation Poolparty this Saturday. So if Temptation Island is your guilty pleasure, this is where you’ll want to be ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- A boat ride during the summer is never not fun, but it makes it even more fun if it’s a party of Rewind. Hits from now and then and meanwhile you’re on the IJ. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Check the Facebook event here. Good to know: it’s 21+.
- This Sunday singer Eefje de Visser is performing in De Tuin van Bret. Ideal for a relaxing Sunday! BRET in Amsterdam North is also a nice change from the crowd in the city center, with lots of green around it. Besides Eefje de Visser Nuno Dos Santos is also set to perform. Check the Facebook event with all the info here.
- Early birds and fans of yoga, you’ll want to go here! On Sunday morning, at 9AM, they’re having a Rooftop Yoga on the roof of the A’DAM Toren. Talking about waking up with a view. Check the Facebook event with all the info and tickets here. After the yoga class you can stay on the rooftop as long as you like!
- Did you already mark the dates of De Parade 2018? This event in August 2018 remains the best closure of the summer!
- Singer Steffen Morrisson is performing in the Vondelpark Openluchttheater this Sunday. His influences are James Brown, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye. Add a little sunshine to it and you have a perfect Sunday afternoon! Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Starting this Friday, ending August 19, you can visit the Grachtenfestival in Amsterdam. Our city is serving as decor, and at several locations you can witness beautiful concerts by young musicians of all around the globe. Check the Facebook event with all the info you need here.
- Fun for every age: Sunday Sounds at the Tolhuistuin. There’s live music, lots of activities for the kids, and for the adults they’re serving cocktails on the terrace. But it’s also not a bad idea to bring a blanket and find a nice spot on the grass! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Are you still using old vinyl records? Then go have a peek at the Good Music Vinyl Market at De Ceuvel in the North of Amsterdam. But also if you don’t need any records it’s a nice market to visit, and you can of course also stop by to just have drink on their nice terrace. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
We think that every city should have a restaurant like Watergang. It’s small, very cosy
We think that every city should have a restaurant like Watergang. It’s small, very cosy
After , , Paris there is now also a The Hoxton hotel in New York.
For all your poké bowl cravings in Amsterdam there now is a new hotspot in The Pijp