Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 14, 15 and 1613 September 2018
26 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
Last weekend I was drinking a fresh mint tea on a rooftop terrace in Marrakech and this weekend I’m back in good old Amsterdam. Of course I will share the new guide for Marrakech on the blog soon. This weekend I’m going to enjoy some quality time with the family in Amsterdam. Going for lunch and afternoon tea and who knows what else. Loving this time of the year in the city!
Do you already have plans for the weekend? You can go to the potato pop-up Piepershow, party at the silent disco-style of the Vondel Disco or grab some food at a Vegan Food Festival! Here’s a brand new weekend guide for you including 26 tips that you definitely will want to check out. Have fun with the tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 14, 15 and 16.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
26 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- The very last Vondel Disco will be this Saturday. No need to panic, I mean the last one of this year ;-). This edition is at the Tropenmuseum. And it’s a double party, besides that it’s the last edition, it’s also their birthday! Check the Facebook event here.
- Another last, but in this case it’s really the last one: the last Fair at Blijburg aan Zee. Unfortunately this spot will stop to exist, so this last market on Sunday is a real recommendation! There will also be workshops and a stage with music and theatre. Nice! Check the Facebook event here.
- Always wanted a tattoo but not the guts to do it? Then we have a very cool solution for you. In the new pop-up store for the Wolford INK collection you can buy statement stockings designed by tattoo artists from all over the world. Until September 24 in De Bijenkorf. Check out the cool collection in this blog >>
- This Friday and Saturday the Piepershow will be opened, a pop-up restaurant where Chef of Breda Freek van Noortwijk and his companion will be cooking. It’s a 10 minute lasting dinner that you can only enjoy these two days. And yes; the potato is in the center of attention! Read all about it here >>
- Repeated because of its previous success: the Funky Vegan Festival at DOK Amsterdam. Music, fun and especially lots of vegan food on Sunday at this spot! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Good news for fashionistas, because the Omoda store near Museumplein finally opened the doors. More than 500m2 shoespiration and a stunning design by Studio Piet Boon. Check out the photos of the store in our blog post >>
- More green in your home? Visit the pop-up store by Green Lifestyle up until September 30th! Read our blog here >> Do you want to win a gift card for the pop-up?
- Nice: a pop-up movie festival. Metro Movies in the Gaasperdammertunnel in Amsterdam South East. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday they’re show several documentaries here, there will be a foodcourt and a bar, a pop-up gallery and several debates. Check the Facebook event here with all the info.
- SAVE THE DATE: next weekend you can visit the Urban Winery by Lindeman’s in The Hoxton and we are giving away a wine tasting for 6 friends. Read all about it in the Dutch blog >>
- At the A’DAM Toren they’re hosting a Rooftop Yoga session on Sunday morning. It starts at 9AM, and afterwards you can stay in the tower as long as you’d like. to have brunch at one of the restaurants for example, or take a ride on the swing if you dare. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This weekend we can go shopping at the IJ-Hallen! As always you’d have to get there early to get the best finds. And the best thing to do is to close off at one of the hotspots in Amsterdam North. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Not looking forward to te Autumn at all? With these 10 x Hotspots in Ibiza City you’ll plan the best weekend getaway!
- One of the best parties in the city is back in the Chin Chin Club this Saturday, namely Happy Feelings! All classic hits will bound to be played, from the Backstreet Boys to Justin Bieber and everything in between. Tip: grab a bite here beforehand. Check the Facebook event here.
- These are the 11 x Breakfast and lunch spots that have opened their doors this August! Another excuse to grab a bite elsewhere this weekend ;-).
- Let’s do it one more time… dancing with Benny Rodrigues at Thuishaven. After this it’s really done for the year and we can prepare ourselves for the Wintercircus. It starts this Sunday at 1PM till 11PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- This Sunday the Museum Market is back at the Museum Square. Nice to pass by and score cute items for inside your house, or handmade jewelry and other musthaves. Check the Facebook event here.
- Wanna go for a cultural trip? Then go to the Moco Museum! They’re having an exposition by Icy and Sot. These Iranian street artists are nicknamed the ‘Banksy of Iran’. Definitely recommended! TIP: If you buy your tickets online and use the code freeposter you’ll get a free poster to take home worth € 25,-! Check out the site for all the info.
- Check: these 6 movies are the ones you want to see in theatres this month >>
- Yet another last for this weekend, namely the last time Zwarte Liefde at Amsterdam Roest. At Zwarte Liefde the vinyl records have the main role and they have lots of them – for sale! But you can also just stop by for some nice music and cocktails. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday the first day of the West Beach Filmfestival will be at the Sloterplas. On this day they’ll air the documentary De Wilde Stad – a real nice one! Up until September 22nd they’re show more movies. Check the Facebook event here.
- Craving a movie night? These 8 x Netflix movies and series are the ones you want to see >>
- The Tropenmuseum has another great exposition, named Things That Matter. As the name already suggests, they’re exhibiting personal belongings that matter a lot to different kinds of people. This differs per culture for example, and it gives an interesting image of people. Check our blog on this exposition here >>
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Indonesian food-lovers: have you already been to the Kopstootbar? Indo spot Mister Makan is taking over their kitchen and is serving a tasty pop-up menu! Check the Facebook event for the complete menu and more info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list.
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Go skiing in Les Menuires in Les Trois Vallées!
Go skiing in Les Menuires in Les Trois Vallées!
Are you secretly feeling those Spring vibes with all this sunny weather we’ve been having
Up for a day at the beach? These are the best beach clubs in The