Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 13, 14 and 1512 July 2018
30 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
I think my lover and I are saying this for about seven years now, that every time my parents are on a holiday we’re going to stay in their house in Zeeland with friends. And perhaps if you say it often enough, it will happen one day. Right? So this weekend we’re going on STAYCATION by the Zeeuwse beach! Oysters, bike rides along the dikes, eat more fish and have drinks on the porch till late in the evening. All pretty nice things to look forward to during our weekend away (with baby!). In my new book STAYCATION you can find a city guide for a weekend away in Middelburg, but also tips for 21 other cities in The Netherlands and Belgium. In case you’re tired of Amsterdam ;-). Not that there’s a reason for that, because this weekend there are so many fun things to do in the city again. What that is? You’ll read it in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 13, 14 and 15. Have fun!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: There’s a new vlog this week on Travelkids.co! We’re going on a holiday for the first time with the three of us and that means packing! Have a sneak peek behind the scenes and you can also follow me on Instagram! And if you’re interested, there’s also a tour through the baby room for you.
30 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- Food festival TREK is in the Amstelpark in Amsterdam this weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is the place to be for tasty food, music and a nice vibe and what’s always a plus: it’s free entrance! Check the Facebook event here.
- This Friday the Chin Chin Club is the place to be. To sing karaoke, drink unlimited G&Ts and play beerpong. And that’s just the beginning ;-). So say goodbye to your healthy intentions for a bit! It starts right after work, so you can go straight from the office!
- Vegan food boring? No way! And they agree at the Funky Vegan Festival this Saturday at DOK Amsterdam. Besides tasty vegan food there’s also music, you can score some nice items or just stop by for a drink. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Kwaku Festival starts this Saturday, in the Nelson Mandelapark in Amsterdam Zuid Oost. In case you won’t be able to make it this weekend, no worries: it’s there every weekend up untill August 5th. Nice! Check the Facebook event here.
- Unfortunately we can’t cheer for our own country this year, but there are lots of teams that we can root for! And the final is this Sunday! Check the 9 x Spots where you can watch the WK 2018 in Amsterdam here >>
- This weekend we can go out for a movie night on the rooftop again at Floor17. Take place on one of the bean bags and enjoy the view and the movie of course. Check the Facebook event here with more info and the schedule of the movies.
- Justin Timberlake is performing in the Ziggo Dome this Sunday. There are still some tickets left, check the site or Ticketswap! Won’t be able to make it this Sunday? He’s back again in August. Check the Facebook event here.
- The Westergasfabriek is turning 15 years and they’re celebrating this Sunday. With a free yoga class in the morning for example, and the rest of the day there’s lots of entertainment – also for kids! Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- The new champagneria Five Brothers Fat is officially openings this Friday! This spot on the Hobbemakade is one you’ll want to know all about.
- Craving a movie night? These 6 Movies are the ones you want to see in theatres this month.
- This Saturday the Picknick Concerts are being held in the Oosterpark. In the morning it’s concerts for kids, and in the afternoon it’s classical music by Beethoven among others. Click here for the Facebook event.
- YES, Asian Fusion spot Branie Amsterdam is now open in the Ten Katestraat!
- Wanna go partying on Saturday? Then go to Thuishaven, where Goldfish will be playing. As usual it starts in the afternoon at Thuishaven, around 4 PM. In case you don’t have a ticket yet, you can try your luck at the door. Check the Facebook event here.
- Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your schedule? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Hits from years ago till now at Happy Feelings in the Chin Chin Club. Nice! That means singing along with the Spice Girls, R Kelly, Justin Bieber and many more. Because we all know the lyrics to it, let’s be honest ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- If Sunday is not you’re day to get up early and you’re craving a breakfast to cure your hangover, go to Poesiat & Kater. They’re hosting a Berlin Breakfast every Sunday that lasts until 3 in the afternoon. Check the Facebook event here.
- Fit girls, pay attention! This Sunday you can participate in the Pop-Up Run Summer in the Vondelpark. You can choose between several distances. They’re hosting a nice warming up with some music, and afterwards you’ll get together for a drink at the Vondeltuin. Click here for the Facebook event with all the info you need.
- Roller skating at 85 meters? YES PLEASE! That’s possible at Floor17, read all about it here.
- Have you already set the dates of De Parade 2018 in your schedule? This event in August 2018 remains the best closure of the summer.
- TIP: The World Press Photo Exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk is still in full swing. Have you already been there? Check the Facebook event here.
- Starting this Friday up until July 22nd the Over het IJ Festival in Amsterdam North can be visited. There are many things to do there, from theatre to art and music. Check out the site for the full program and info.
- Restaurant Raïnaraï is organizing their own food festival this weekend, the Ras El Hanout Festival. The entrance is free and there will also be workshops, music and of course lots of food. Check out the Facebook event here.
- New hotspot HoogtIJ is welcoming the Chefs of restaurant Daalder 10 evenings this summer, among other evenings this Saturday. Nice! Click here for the Facebook event with all the info you need.
- Do you already know all these 16 x Hotspots at the Ferdinand Bolstraat?
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Every day is a rosé kind of day! And this Sunday you have to go to Jansz. for the best rosé. And that comes with dishes like burrata, steak tartare or a dish from the Green Egg – yum! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Prefer champagne over rosé? Then go to Jacobsz this Sunday for a nice brunch with all kinds of champagne. If you want to close the weekend in a festive way! You’ll eat all sorts of seafood with the champagne. Click here for the Facebook event with all the info.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- This Sunday Shanghai Bistro is collaborating with Xampanyeria Centra. That means Asian tapas and Spanish bao buns. Sounds a bit weird? The combination is surprisingly good! Click here for the Facebook event.
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Eindelijk een tweede vestiging aan de Oostzijde van de stad.
Eindelijk een tweede vestiging aan de Oostzijde van de stad.
Finally! Aesop opens the doors in Amsterdam.
Go skiing in Les Menuires in Les Trois Vallées!