Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 17, 18 and 1916 August 2018
29 tips for this weekend in the amsterdam weekend guide
The best moment of the week has arrived yet again, the moment we’ve all been looking out for: WEEKEND! It may sound cliché, but now that I’m a mom myself and now I’m back to work I’m really looking forward to the weekend every week. The past weeks have been great while being on Staycation in our own country. From glamping on Pampus to a tiny house on the Veluwemeer. Holland can be so beautiful! This weekend we’re back in Amsterdam. We’re going to the Prinsengrachtconcert at our friends of the Pulitzer and have dinner at a couple of new spots. In short: a perfect weekend back home.
Do you already have plans for the weekend? Here’s a brand new weekend guide for you including 29 tips that you definitely will want to check out. Because… plans are always bound to change! Have fun with the tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for August 17, 18 and 19.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
29 tips for things to do this weekend in Amsterdam
- YES, finally! This is the weekend of De Parade in Amsterdam. Which day are you going? And will we see you at the sangria bar? ;-) Read our blog on the best closure of the summer here >>
- TIP: Before visiting De Parade, go have dinner at Amstel Boathouse. As they have a special Parade BBQ-menu, including entrance ticket for De Parade and a ticket for a show of your choice. Read all about it here >>
- If you’re craving a relaxed afternoon this Saturday or Sundau, Jazz at the Plantage might be your thing. At the Hermitage students from the Conservatorium will be playing starting at around 4PM. And meanwhile you’re enjoying the sun while chilling on the grass; not a bad combination at all I would say! Check the Facebook event here.
- Looking for a nice party on Sunday? Then go to the Zomertuin van Bret, where among others DJ Tom Trago will be playing. Great to close off your weekend with! Check the Facebook event here.
- Go out for a movie night this Saturday or Sunday. And by that we mean the movie night at PLUK de NACHT at Het Stenen Hoofd! This is an open air movie theatre where they’re showing lots of movies in August (also during weekdays). Check the Facebook event here with all the info.
- Besides the open air movie theatre you can also visit Het Stenen Hoofd on Saturday during the day. As then there’s the Pluk MINI, with all sorts of activities where you can make your kids very happy with. Nice: it’s free entrance! Click here for the Facebook event.
- We might not hear a lot from him recently, but he’s still performing! And this Saturday Jett Rebel is peforming in the Concertgebouw, so that’s not the least venue as well. There are still tickets! Check the Facebook event here.
- Wanna go for a cultural trip? Then go to the Moco Museum! They’re holding an exposition by Icy and Sot. They’re Iranian street artists that are nicknamed the ‘Bansky of Iran’. Definitely recommended! TIP: If you buy your tickets online and use the code freeposter you’ll get a free poster to take home worth € 25,-! Check out the site for all the info.
- Because of the previous success it’s being repeated: Salsa & Empanada’s at Amsterdam Roest on Sunday! Both beginners as advanced dancers are more than welcome to participate in the workshops. Check the Facebook event here with all the info.
- Rooftop bars are FUN! Agree? Then go to Nemo, that is open till 9PM every evening this summer and has a free entrance. Extra tip: go on a Thursday evening, because they have some live music as well. Nice! Read our blog about it here >>
- Craving a movie night? These are the 8 x Netflix movies and series you want to watch >>
- In the Amsterdamse Bostheater they’re having the play De Meeuw up until September 8. This is a play originally by Anton Tsjechov. A comedy about all the attempts to create some meaning to life. Fun to do on a summer evening! Check the site for all the dates and more info.
- Fun for all ages: the Sunday Sounds at the Tolhuistuin. Music, enough space for kids to play, a nice terrace and more. This afternoon there will also be musicians performing classical music. Check the Facebook event here.
- One more week left! Is the Amsterdamse Terrassen Festival already in your calendar? This might be the best newcomer of last year >>
- The Artis zoo is hosting Zoomeravonden every Saturday in the summer months. There are also performances by several artists during the evening. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Tropenmuseum has another great exposition, named Things That Matter. As the name already suggests, they’re exhibiting personal belongings that matter a lot to different kinds of people. This differs per culture for example, and it gives an interesting image of people. Check our blog on this exposition here >>
- Feeling like having a vegan dinner on Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening? Then go to Libertine Comptoir de Cuisine, as they’re cooking a completely vegan menu especially for these evenings. You can choose between thee, four or five courses. Check the Facebook event for all the info.
- NOW OPEN: Ferdinand Bowls on the Ferdinand Bolstraat >>
- Ramen spot Fou Fou Ramen is opening a pop-up restaurant in De FilmHallen. Yes, you read that correct, only this weekend you can score some tasty ramen to enjoy while watching the movie! YUM. Show you movie ticket and get a bowl for € 5,-. Check the site for all the conditions.
- Oysters for a euro on Saturday at Rayleigh & Ramsay. The real challenge here is to pick your ultimate favourite wine from the 100 of different types ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- In the Zomertuin van Bret the Proost en Toast Wine Festival is held this Friday. As the name might suggest they have many different types of wine here, for every taste! Check the Facebook event for info.
- The Chefs from restaurant Daalder are going to be cooking at the new spot in Amsterdam North, HoogtIJ. After dinner it’s time for some dancing underneath the starry sky. Check the Facebook event here with all the info; reservations are a must!
- LAST CHANCE! Up until August 19 you can visit the Grachtenfestival in Amsterdam. Our city is serving as decor, and at several locations you can witness beautiful concerts by young musicians of all around the globe. Check the Facebook event with all the info you need here.
- Have you already been to the new all-day spot on the Vijzelgracht, Bardot?
- Have you already been here? An exposition by Van Der Laan De Mooiste Stad in the Amsterdam Museum! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- Sundays are for Rosé! That’s the motto at Jansz. in the Nine Streets. A nice light rosé, a dish prepared on the Big Green Egg or one of their classics, this Sunday it’s all up to you! Check their Facebook event here.
- This Sunday it’s the time of the month again for the Monthly Restaurant Evening at the Rijk van de Keizer. On this pretty location drinks start at 5PM, after which you’ll have a seat for a lovely dinner. Afterwards a DJ will be playing; guaranteed as a nice way to close your weekend! Reservations are a must. Check the Facebook event and info here.
- For a hungry Sunday you’re good to go at Mama Makan. They’re hosting a Bottomless BBQ. With cocktails, live music, a nice terrace and unlimited dishes from the BBQ. Yummy! Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
AND MAKE SURE TO NOT FORGET THESE TIPS…
- Do you also have a hard time keeping them apart, the Negen Straatjes? Check the 9 x Hotspots in the Huidenstraat here!
- Are you panning on crashing down on a terrace this weekend, but don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 9 x Best terraces in the city centre of Amsterdam!
- Do you feel like having a quiet weekend? Check out the 8 x Netflix series and movies you want to have seen!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 58 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
I have to confess something! I actually don’t really mind that Summer is over. Because
I have to confess something! I actually don’t really mind that Summer is over. Because
These are the most unique and best hostels in Amsterdam!
Last weekend I was drinking a fresh mint tea on a rooftop terrace in Marrakech