this cool friday Image via Pinterest of Janneke Klos
3-5 May weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my weekend update for liberty weekend! Have fun :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– May 5th Vrijland Festival at Roest in Amsterdam East. The first freedom festival in Amsterdam at city beach Roest. Starting at 11.00 o’clock with DJ’s, a flea market and festival food.
– May 4 and 5th at NDSM wharf: IJhallen flea market
– May 5th meals of freedom on more than 200 locations in Amsterdam. In restaurants, in parks, at long tables on the streets. Find a location near your house on the website!
– May 5th concert on the Amstel in front of Carré. This year with Nick and Simon… not exactly my type of music but the atmosphere is very special with the floating stage and all the small boats.
– Pure Markt at Park Frankendael in Amsterdam East on May 5th between 11.00-18.00 o’clock. More then 90 great food stalls!
Food & Drinks in Amsterdam
– May 4th there’s an oyster happy hour at &Samhoud Places. Every Saturday from 17.00 till 19.00 happy oyster hour: oysters 1 euro. Very NY style!
– 2-12 May it’s Amsterdam Rhubarb week to put this almost forgotten vegetable back on the menu. Mister Kitchen launched his Rabarcello Dutch spirit and a long list of restaurants have rhubarb dishes and cocktails on the menu.
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.