This happy friday image via pinterest
24-26 May weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my handpicked weekend update for the weekend! Have a great one :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– Amsterdam series weekend is a new event in at the Westergasfabriek. It’s all about the TV show trend. And I have to admit… I hardly ever watch TV. At my home it’s all about TV shows we watch. TV shows are the new books! On 25 and 26 May you can watch your favourite TV shows with friend and other locals at Amsterdam series weekend.
– Fitzies pop up cocktail bar in Tuschinkski is a new exclusive cocktail concept that kicked off yesterday at Tuschinski’s cocktail lounge. Imagine the free and roaring twenties for four days! But please notice… You have to be invited to get in. So check out the website fast to ensure your ticket to Fitzies :-). Until May 26th!
– Swapping is hot! So this Saturday (May 25th) there’s the first fashion swap event in Amsterdam at Bo5. Bring 5 to 10 of your best clothes you want to swap and exchange them for swapping points. With the swapping points you can then shop around at the event to ‘buy’ other girls hand me downs!
– I can never get enough of the food markets in Amsterdam! Especially when the weather is nice :). This Sunday May 26th it’s Sunday market at Ijburg. Lots of stalls with food and drinks and crafts between 12.00-18.00 hours.
– Vintage per kilo is a popular vintage fashion event in Amsterdam. They are back with a weekend event on a new location: Amsterdam Current. Vintage for just € 15,- a kilo on May 25 and 26.
– This weeks festival tip is Chateau Techno on May 25th. A house music festival at the docklands in Amsterdam West.
– It’s open monument day on May 26th. For this special event 15 monuments in Amsterdam open their doors for the public.
Food & Drinks
– Pop-up restaurant BAK settled down at a permanent location for lunch a while ago. And I have good news! They starling serving dinner as well this week. I’m pretty excited to go check that out!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
(Private) Canal Cruise
Make a boat tour and enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival from the water during a cruise on the canals.Tickets from € 16,- >>
This new experience with unique and colourful installations is the Instagram hit of Amsterdam.Book a time slot >>
- Stay -
This trendy hotel with a rooftop, restaurant and club is located in hot and happening Amsterdam East.Check the rates >>
This lifestyle hotel is located on Herengracht in the Canal District and also loved by locals.Check the rates >>
- Deals -
Visit the number one photography museum of Amsterdam for exhibits about contemporary photography.Get tickets for € 12,50 >>
Tulips at Keukenhof
One of the most Instagrammable places in Holland during this season!Get that Insta-photo >>