What about a winter city trip? Get inspired!
Last year I had the luck to be in New York during the winter months. A very cool experience to walk in a Central Park covered with snow! Beside New York there are many other cool cities for a winter city trip. Shopping for the new season, long dinners and walking through winter wonderland. Yourlbb listed 5 nice winter city trips. With flights from € 99,- and train tickets from € 29,-!
Winter city trip to London
London is so nice in the winter! A cool neighbourhood to stay is Shoreditch. There are so many trendy spots like Hoxton hotel and the ACE hotel. And East London is full of nice restaurants and bars.
Don’t miss: Dishooom, Pizza East, Sunday UpMarket, Boxpark, Broadway Market, Old Spitalfields Market en St. Johns.
– With Garuda you fly to London from € 99,-. You can even bring 30kg luggage and you get a meal and drinks on board. Great service! >> Click here for more info & best rates for Garuda >>
– Or go by train! In a few hours you’re in the heart of London with NS Internationaal. From € 59,-. >> Click here for more info & prices >>
Winter city trip to Berlin
It’s 25 years since the fall of the Berlin wall. It’s one of my favourite cities for a weekend trip. Cool neighbourhoods are North Mitte, Prenzlauerberg, Kreuzberg and Friederichshain. There are so many nice restaurants, stores and clubs there. Nice design hotels in Berlin are 25 Hours hotel and Michelberger Hotel and if you like budget design hotels Motel One Mitte is a great pick.
Don’t miss: the markets at Neue Heimat, clubbing at Berghain, apple pie at Meierei and diner at La Soupe Populaire.
– KLM flies to Berlin from € 99,- >> Click here for the best rates >>
– NS internationaal offers tickets to Berlin from € 39,-! >> Click here for the best price >>
Christmas city trip to Paris
“Paris is always a good idea!” Eating croissants and oysters all day ;-). Love it! Nice districts in Paris are Le Marais and Canal St. Martin. Go for cocktails to Mary Celeste, shop at Merci and dine at Frenchie. Hotel tips: Mama Shelter and Hotel du Temps.
– KLM flies to Paris from € 99,- >> Click here for the best rates >>
– NS internationaal offers tickets to Paris from € 35,-! >> Check the best rates here >>
Winter city trip to New York City
New York will always be one of my favourite towns to go to! Shopping at SOHO, partying in the Meatpacking District and walking around in Williamsburg and Brooklyn. New York is so nice! Must do: ice skating at Rockefeller Center. So much fun! Sleep at the beautiful Standard Hotel, Ace, or Mondrian Soho hotel.
Don’t miss: shopping at the West Village, pizza at Roberta’s, street art in Bushwick and drinks at the Wythe hotel.
– With KLM you can fly to NY from € 464,- (I had one of those cheap tickets last year!). >> Click here for the best rates >>
Winter city trip to Antwerp
If you don’t want to fly or drive that far Antwerp is a great place for a weekend trip. This city is so cosy. Full of great restaurants and perfect for shopping. Nice neighbourhoods are: Het Eilandje, North and Het Zuid. Book a room at Banks hotel (free cocktail hour) or Soulshow studios.
– Take the train to Antwerp! NS internationaal offers tickets from € 29,-! >> Click here for the best rates >>
Have fun planning your next city trip!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck