These are the hotspots in the Westerpark area you should know!
One of the nicest parks in Amsterdam is the Westerpark. To have a picnic, to go for a stroll, to run or to have a bbq. Not so crowded as Vondelpark, on walking distance of the Haarlemmerbuurt and always lots of fun. And let’s not forget about the Westergasterrein (Westergas area), where they organise all sorts of festivals, nice weekend markets and where hotspots are located for a drink and a bite to eat. That’s why we put all the hotspots and things to do in the Westerpark on this list. Read more in our Amsterdam Westerpark Guide!
Food & Drinks around the Westerpark
– Mossel & Gin: at Yourlbb we are crazy about mussels and gin & tonics. Mossel & Gin is where these two get combined. And that’s why it is a favourite spot for a bite to eat and a drink.
– Koffie ende Koeck: a nice vegan lunch spot across the Westergasfabriek. With on the menu juices, sandwiches, yogurt breakfasts, salads, a quiche and all sorts of sweets from the patisserie.
– Espressofabriek: feel like a coffee? In the Westerpark neighbourhood you can go to the Espressofabriek. Also a perfect spot to work if you’re working freelance.
– De Bakkerswinkel: for breakfast, lunch, coffee, cake and delicious quiches! Handy: everything is to go so you can take it with you into the Westerpark for a picnic.
– Pacific Park: looking for the biggest terrace of the Westergas area? You have to go to Pacific! Also a good spot for a drink, to listen to live music and to dance till the early morning.
– Brouwerij Troost: recently, brewery Troost opened a second location, which is at the Westergas area! With on tap a variety of 12 – home brewed – beers!
– Wester Wijnfabriek: are you more into a good glass of wine? Go to the Wester Wijnfabriek! A wine bar, wineshop, wine lab and wine tasting in one.
– Bardot: an all day hotspot where you can have lunch, go for a drink or have dinner. On the menu you will find simple, tasty dishes, perfect to combine with wine, cocktails and whiskey! Westergasterras: dinner with a view at the Westergasterras (at the Gashouder) on a lovely sunny terrace in summertime.
– Gustafson: a pop-up concept in the Westerpark! A bar, restaurant and a small hotel. Open till the 30th of September 2016.
– IJscuypje / Stamppotje: this is where you -in summertime- buy your ice-cream at IJscuypje and in wintertime they serve the best winter meals at Stamppotje!
– Mediacafe: do you know the Mediacafe only from tv-programs as ‘De Wereld Draait Door’, ‘Eva Jinek op Zondag’ and ‘Vandaag de Dag’? We got news for you: from Sunday till Friday you can have dinner at the Mediacafe as well!
– Raïnaraï: a Nomadic restaurant with an Algerian kitchen! Not only for the best food (as much organic as possible), but going for dinner at Rainarai is also an experience. Here you sit, traditionally, on pillows and rugs at low small tables.
– Cafe Restaurant Amsterdam: seafood restaurant in West! On the menu of Cafe Amsterdam you will find delicious Fruits de Mer dishes, salads and meat dishes.
Photocredits: Jasper de Waal
things To do around the Westerpark
– Het Ketelhuis: The Ketelhuis is a movie theatre for the Dutch film, European arthouse, documentaries and family films. If you, after you’ve seen the movie, feel like discussing it a bit more, order a drink and don’t forget to also order a piece of carrot cake. It’s sensational!
– North Sea Jazz Club: for jazz, funk, soul and blues you have to go to North Sea Jazz Club. Here are live concerts every week with known and unknown artists.
– Ton Ton Club: do you like to play games? The Ton Ton Club just opened a location on the Westergas area! A fun penny arcade – where you can also just go to for a beer.
– Westergasfabriek: On a regular base cool events are being organised in the Gashouder, the Westerliefde and the WesterUnie!
– Sunday Market: art, fashion and design. That’s what the Sunday Market, monthly at the Westergasfabriek, is about! Designers and artists present a very divers range of items.
– NeighbourFood Market: the Neighbourfood Market is also a monthly market at the Westergasfabriek. A combination of a flea market and a food market.
PSSST… have you spotted Yourlbb’s guides for other nice neighbourhoods of Amsterdam yet?
>>> 33 x hotspots in the Red Light District
>>> 23 x hotspots in Amsterdam North
>>> 89 x hotspots in the Canal District
Anne de Buck