From search engines to feeling at home in your hotel room!
Every month I make about 3 to 4 trips for Your Little Black Book. In this blog I will share my personal travel tips! You guys email me for tips all the time so it was about time to write them up on the blog. Hope they’re helpful for you!
1) My biggest irritation on holiday is a bad wifi connection. So I like to bring my own mobile wifi to avoid expensive data-roaming. I always rent my mifi at Keepgo.com.
2) For the cheapest ticket deals I use Skyscanner.nl. When it comes to hotels I always compare Booking.com and ebookers.nl for special deals and the best rates.
3) My best summer discovery for festivals! A spare battery pack! I have a Samsung NX Mini as my camera and luckily I was able to use it the whole weekend during lowlands with a battery pack . For my iPhone I use the Mophie powerstation. Perfect if you don’t want to be in line at one of the charging areas at a festival!
4) Check how good the public transport is at your destination. Rent a car if it’s not ok! A few weeks back I was in Ibiza and a car is very much needed there. For the best rates I use the search engine Cardelmar.nl to rent a car.
6) Some of my favourite apps while travelling: XE Currency, Google Translate, Skype, Camera+, Cost Split.
6) I can’t do without music during my travels! It makes me feel like home :-). So I always take my Tivoli Audio PAL with me. To listen to relaxed music or the new tunes from the club the night before ;-).
7) Are you like me and do you research your trips carefully? Save the hotspots you want to visit in Google Maps and download the map for offline use. This way you always know where to go! Tip: I created a lot of City Guide maps for you that you can open on your smartphone too.
If you want to share your personal travel tips feel free to leave a comment!
Anne de Buck