this is why we love ron gastrobar downtown
- It’s not a secret that we love the Ron Gastrobar restaurants in Amsterdam. Big fans of Ron Gastrobar Oriental for the duck dishes and the original Gastrobar* if we have something to celebrate.
- For the best Indonesian food in town we now go to Ron Gastrobar Downtown at Rokin.
- This place is perfect for dinner with friends or date night. What we love about the concept is that after dinner you’re welcome to stay for cocktails. There’s a DJ on the weekends and you can even dance a bit. If you want! We have to try that on our next visit. We were there for lunch on the weekend. A looooong lunch. With bubbly and wine and delicious food.
- The lunch at Ron Gastrobar Downtown is perfect for lunch with kids. The food is great for sharing if you have older kids and for the little ones they have high baby chairs (in bright blue!) as well. On request you can always order a little bowl of not spicy nasi. My son Manuel loves that!
- We LOVE LOVE LOVE the interior design. Bright colours, jungle murals, lots of palm tree and banana plants. And did we mention the Missoni style floor already?
- The kitchen is run by chef Agus Hermawan and chef Luke Brouwer and there’s nothing that we didn’t like from the menu. Everything has so much flavour and was exactly what we love about Indonesian food and Asian flavours. All the dishes looked great as well as you can see when you scroll down.
- Make sure to order the satasting! We loved the flavour of the meat from the konro-grill.
- At the sambal cart you can try the different sambals from mild to super spicy.
- Make sure to leave some room for a dessert. More in particular the ‘LUKE’S ‘DOWNTOWN’ SOFT ICE SURPRISE’. It’s so good! And a perfect closure of your lunch or dinner.
Have fun if you’re going to Ron Gastobar Downtown. I hope you have the same great food experience as we had!
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Looking for a great and trendy hotel in Amsterdam?
» The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
» Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
» Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
» Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
» Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
» Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
» Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
» INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
» Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergasterrein area.
» Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
» The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
» QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
» Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
» Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
OUR FAVOURITE HIGHLIGHTS IN AMSTERDAM:
PSSSST… DISCOVER MORE (TRAVEL)tips IN MY (NEW) BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
A great gift for yourself or a friend who loves to travel just as much as you do!
Rokin 49Amsterdam (Amsterdam City Center)