Restaurants at de Pijp for a bite, shared dining or extensive dining
Whether you’re up for a small bite or extensive. There are so many nice restaurants De Pijp where you can have a nice meal! Check out this blog about our favourite restaurants where we categorised them a quick bite, extensive dining or shared dining. So that you can find a nice restaurant even easier tonight!
Extensive dining >> the best restaurants at De Pijp >>
– Cannibale Royale: meat off the charcoal grill, beer and wine. At Cannibale Royale Amsterdam you can enjoy simple but delicious meat dishes!
– Café Carbon: a meat spot at the Van Wou also with meat dishes. Order an amazing big piece of meat that you can share with each other.
– Mana Mana: a tiny vegetarian restaurant with good food!
– Thrill Grill: the juicy burgers of Thrill Grill are a definite must-try.
– Americano Bar & Kitchen: one of yourlbb’s personal favourite! A NY style Italian chic restaurant at Amstel.
– Venster 33: the restaurant of the famous Cas Jansen! Here you can order small dishes to mix and match.
– Volt: gastrobar at Ferdinand Bol with a really good menu. And don’t forget to order the oysters as starters!
– Pho91: Asian hotspot where you can eat Vietnamese food.
– Spaghetteria: this is a nice hotspot for a good affordable pasta. And who doesn’t like to have a nice pasta now and then?
– Izakaya: a hotspot where you can eat sush, obviously can’t be missing on this list! Restaurant Izakaya is one of our favourites.
– Brut de Mer: the first seafood bar at De Pijp! Perfect for oysters and champagne.
– Sinne: this classic restaurant with French and Mediterranean dishes is located in the neighbourhood of Sarphatipark. Don’t forget to make a reservation!
– Roasterz: if you like soul food then you must come here! Here there’s chicken wings, ribs or satay with fried rice and ketjap on the menu.
– Fa. Pekelhaaring: since opening this Italian restaurant is a popular hotspot! So definitely make a reservation beforehand.
Shared dining >> the best restaurants at De Pijp >>
– Paskamer: at this new dining cafe at De Pijp you order all kinds of small bites. Fun to share and to try out new things! Also a perfect hotspot for an evening cocktails drinking.
– Basq Kitchen: after Rotterdam now also in Amsterdam! On the menu there are all kinds of warm and cold tapas from the Basque kitchen. Spanish wines and bites platters can also be ordered here!
– Little Collins: on Thursday and Friday you can dine here and choose from 13 small dishes off the menu.
– Boca’s: good wines and plateaus to share. At Boca’s it’s always crazy busy in a good way. Also nice for a date with drinks!
A quick bite >> the best restaurants De Pijp! >>
– The Fat Dog: go to The Fat Dog for champagne and hotdogs. The restaurant from Ron Blaauw!
– The Butcher: a burger spot at Albert Cuypstraat. Don’t forgot to drink a cocktail at the secret Butcher Bar after dinner!
– Friterie Par Hasard: snack in style at Frites Pas Hasard (previously called Frites uit Zuyd). And, they have the best (organic) frikandel here!
– De Pizzabakkers: a phenomenon in Amsterdam and with multiple locations. Including De Pijp! For original pizza and prosecco.
– Geflipt: another burger bar! Try for example the lamb burger with salsa verde, feta cheese and cucumber.
Do you know another nice restaurants at De Pijp that’s not on this list? Then let us know!
And have you spotted Yourlbb’s guides for other must visit districts yet? Check them here:
Amsterdam City Center >> Amsterdam East >> Amsterdam North >> Amsterdam Old South >> De Baarsjes >> De Pijp >> Haarlemmerbuurt >> Jordaan >> Nine Streets >> NDSM Wharf >> Red Light District >> Rivierenbuurt >> Spaarndammerbuurt >> Stadionbuurt
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
(Private) Canal Cruise
Make a boat tour and enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival from the water during a cruise on the canals.Tickets from € 16,- >>
This new experience with unique and colourful installations is the Instagram hit of Amsterdam.Book a time slot >>
- Stay -
This trendy hotel with a rooftop, restaurant and club is located in hot and happening Amsterdam East.Check the rates >>
This lifestyle hotel is located on Herengracht in the Canal District and also loved by locals.Check the rates >>
- Deals -
Visit the number one photography museum of Amsterdam for exhibits about contemporary photography.Get tickets for € 12,50 >>
Tulips at Keukenhof
One of the most Instagrammable places in Holland during this season!Get that Insta-photo >>