NewCastle City Guide
Have you ever thought of NewCastle as a destination for a city trip? NewCastle is a cosy city close to the coast of North England. It’s only a little over an hour by air from Amsterdam and a 3 hour train ride from central London. NewCastle is famous from the TV show Geordie Shore. Don’t let this scare you! NewCastle is really fun to go to on a short trip. It has some very nice restaurants and you can shop till you drop there ;-).
Your Little Black Book created a NewCastle City Guide for you that will show you the best things to do in NewCastle if you only have 48 hours. But first it’s time to plan your trip! Here are some of our personal tips to get you started.
Hotel tips in NewCastle – NewCastle City Guide
– Your Little Black Book stayed at the Sleeperz hotel. We highly recommend this budget design hotel in NewCastle upon Tyne! It’s located close to the Central Station and in the heart of the city centre.
– Other hotels that are in the the list of top hotels in NewCastle are: Roomzzz, Hotel Du Vin, Hotel Indigo and Staybridge Suites.
Getting to NewCastle – NewCastle City Guide
– Are you flying from Amsterdam? KLM and Easyjet both have direct flights going there. Choose the airline that fits your budget and you’re in NewCastle in little over an hour.
– If you have enough time it’s also fun to go to NewCastle by boat with DFDS Seaways. They offer mini-cruises to NewCastle for just little over € 85,-. Click here for the best rates and dates.
– Looking for the best rates for tickets to NewCastle? We usually use Skyscanner to compare the best available rates.
Things to do in NewCastle – NewCastle City Guide
– Walk around at the historic city center of NewCastle to discover the castle.
– Check out the Millennium bridge during the day and night. Looks pretty cool!
– Go to Jesmond, a district just outside the city center of NewCastle. Many cool shops and restaurants there. Click here for the best places in Jesmond.
– If the weather is nice take the metro to Tynemouth. It’s only 30 minutes by metro from the central station in NewCastle. The coastal line is beautiful and there are some nice restaurants and shops there to check out as well.
Restaurants in NewCastle – NewCastle City Guide
Yourlbb checked out some of the best restaurants in NewCastle. Click here to discover some of the best hotspots in NewCastle.
Shopping in NewCastle – NewCastle City Guide
– NewCastle is great for shopping. All the affordable fashion labels have a store at Northumberland St. There you find H&M and also a huge Primark.
– A great street for guys to go shopping is High Bridge street. Click here for a selection of the best stores on High Bridge Street in NewCastle.
PS: more hotspots are in the NewCastle Little Black Book. A city guide to NewCastle with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!