this is why we love naylor’s amsterdam by chef Chris Naylor:
- If you have never been to restaurant Vermeer* that is where you should start this culinary journey about Naylor’s.
- Long before it was a trend, Michelin-starred chef Chris Naylor had veggies playing the main role in his menu’s. And that’s exactly why I like his vision on food so much.
- In the kitchen of Vermeer*, in the spot where the Chef’s table was you now find Naylor’s Amsterdam.
- Naylor’s is a unique and exclusive one-table restaurant that is only open when chef Chris Naylor is there.
- The menu at this hidden restaurant has some ‘Vermeer-classics’ on it, but mainly is a creative lab for Chris to create new dishes and a new experience for ‘his’ guests.
- Naylor’s Amsterdam is open three days a week and the menu costs € 250,- (exclusive of drinks). Included in the menu price is a transfer from and to your address of stay in The Netherlands.
- If you’re just as excited as I am you probably want to book a table ASAP. And this is where the exclusivity comes in. Naylor’s Amsterdam can serve a maximum of six guests. Guests of restaurant Vermeer* that are personally invited by chef Chris Naylor OR called him at 06 212 80 623 with a reservation request. Yes, you’re reading correctly. It’s a request!
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Our newest lists
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Prins Hendrikkade 59-72Amsterdam (Amsterdam City Center)
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -