these are the best places for lunch in amsterdam west!
When we were busy updating our list with favorite restaurants in Amsterdam-West, we noticed one thing: so many nice spots have been added! And because of the fact that the term of restaurants may let you think of dinner only, we thought it would be so convenient to make a separate list for lunch only. So read on and discover the best places to lunch in Amsterdam West.
>> this is where you go for lunch in amsterdam west >>
– Gallery3: a new great coffee and lunch spot on the Bilderdijk. Besides sandwiches and salads, they also have delicious pies here.
– Waterkant: at this tropical hotspot you can sit at the water while enjoying some Surinamese cuisine. A bit of Paramaribo in Amsterdam!
– Hendrix: the place for snacks and platters to share.
– Bar Baarsch: a cozy cafe at the Jan Eef. Such a relaxed hotspot where you walk in both weekdays and weekends.
– Bar Spek: has grown to a favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner spot. No matter how early you go here, there are always people here.
– Cafe Cook: a hidden gem! I think Cafe Cook has the biggest (and maybe best?) terrace at The Baarsjes.
– Radijs: go to Radijs for some good, simple meals!
– Edel: we all know the Edelwise party’s right? But did you know dat Edel is also a good place to eat dinner or have drinks? Now you do!
– Zurich:in the middle of Mercatorplein you’ll find this round building with a red roof. Worth a visit!
– Café DS: also at De School you can drop in for a good lunch. Cafe DS is the place to be.
– De Foodhallen: at this indoor food market you can choose from many different treats! From waffles to meatballs and burgers to oysters.
– Jacketz: the gourmet jacket potato makes a comeback! At Jacketz they serve potatoes with homemade stuffing.
– Voldaan: soup and balls! At this nice hotspots they serve different kinds of soup every season and there are different (meat) balls and salads on the menu. Everything is homemade and organic where possible.
– Brasserie De Groot: daily menu’s for less than € 20,- and a sunny terrace in summer.
– Cafe de Walvis: an eatery with bar bites of good quality. Think of a burgers, steak and a fish of the day.
– Razmataz: another all day hotspot where you can go for coffee, lunch and dinner. But they also have a very nice G&T menu!
– Morgan & Mees: a lovely setting where the food is delicious!
– Cafe Amsterdam: a classic brasserie near the Westerpark with a very wide range of lunch options. Sandwiches, croques and more.
– Meneer Nieges: along the water, in a very cosy setting and with good food!
These are the best places to go for lunch in Amsterdam West. Which one are you going to go?
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram