have lunch in Amsterdam City Center!
Lunch plans and looking for a nice lunch spot in the center of Amsterdam? Look no further, because we found them for you! 20 spots as much, because when we were both searching in the Jordaan, the Haarlemmerbuurt, the Nine Streets, the Red Light District, the Canal District and the City Center. Do we miss you favourite place? Let us know! And for now, enjoy these great spots to have lunch in Amsterdam City Center.
Our newest lists
6 x lunch at the JORDAAN & the Haarlemmerbuurt
– Kessens: at this all day hotspot they serve breakfast (even with champagne if you have something to celebrate!) and tasty sandwiches for lunch. Not to be missed: the steak sandwich!
– Vinnies: a nice place for breakfast and (organic) lunch or some good coffee! And fun: you can also shop here! Almost everything in here is in fact for sale!
– Bar Brandstof: known as a bar spot to have drinks with friends, but did you know that you can also enjoy lunch here? The organic sourdough sandwiches are always a hit but also the specials are a must!
– Festina Lente: an eatery at the Jordaan! For little money you can order quite tasty food. Especially in the summer I like to go here for lunch, because you can eat your sandwich while sitting at their little terrace in the sun.
– Gs: the ideal place for a lunch / brunch. You feel right at home at this cozy living room. The food is really good and the cocktails are so tasty that you definitely have to try one.
– Koffiespot: a nice coffee hotspot on the Elandsgracht where they serve excellent coffee and various Flammkuchen. So a nice spot for lunch in Amsterdam City Center.
5 x lunch at the Canal District
– Lavinia: the food at Lavinia is pure and organic. Here you will find no e-numbers in the dishes! Everything is made fresh and therefore Lavinia is a nice hotspot if you like healthy food!
– Zuivere Koffie: a hidden gem on the Utrechtsestraat for juices, pastries and good coffee. Especially in summer this this is a nice spot for lunch in Amsterdam City Center because they have a small courtyard!
– Buffet van Odette: at this cozy bistro on the canals they serve lunch seven days a week. Order the famous (truffle cheese) omelette or go for a soup, pasta, quiche or salad.
– SLA: want a healthy lunch? At SLA on the Utrechtsestraat they have varied salads, soups and delicious juices! Also to take home.
– Lotti’s Bar & Grill: thé restaurant of hotel The Hoxton! A nice spot to have dinner and drinks, but you are also welcome during the day for an extensive lunch!
3 x lunch at the Red Light District
– De Laatste Kruimel: hidden spot for breakfast and lunch! A small, cute place where they serve delicious sandwiches and quiches.
– De Bakkerswinkel: for breakfast, lunch, coffee, cake and quiches!
– Omelegg: Omelegg is the first Omeletterie in Amsterdam! First with only a location at De Pijp but now also at the Red Light District. The menu shows simply delicious omelettes and other egg dishes.
2 x lunch at the Nine Streets
– Pluk: looking for a healthy lunch spot at the Nine Streets? Go to Pluk! For fresh juices, smoothies, salads and sandwiches. And nice to know: everything is to go as well! Pluk is with reason one of our favourite spots to have lunch in Amsterdam City Center.
– Ree7: a small restaurant for breakfast and lunch! On the menu you will find different sandwiches and tasty salads.
4 x lunch in the City Center
– Terpentijn: at Terpentijn you eat French-Asian dishes for lunch or dinner. And I don’t think there’s anyone who says no to summer rolls for lunch, a Thai salad or a pulled chicken sandwich, right?
– Metropolitain: croissants, porridge, fruit, eggs benedict. They have it all! But also different crepes, sandwiches, burgers and salads. Perfect for lunch one afternoon!
– Gartine: hidden in a narrow alley between the Kalverstraat and the Rokin you find Gartine. The perfect hotspot for coffee and lunch. The delicious dishes here are made from organic ingredients wherever possible.
– Bakers & Roasters: you have a choice of no less than 9 egg dishes, when you go eat breakfast at Bakers & Roasters. But they serve pancakes and homemade granola as well!
Voila, no less than 32 spots to have lunch in Amsterdam City Center. Enjoy!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -