Cocktails with a view at Jimmy New York
New York is famous for it’s rooftop bars. They all promise a beautiful view on the city and to be fair: it’s a view you can wake me up for in the middle of the night! It’s just so cool to drink a cocktail with friends on a rooftop spot while you can see the liveliness of the city below. That is why Jimmy is a recommendation to go to. A rooftop bar at The James in SoHo.
Jimmy is a spot where tourists, hotel guests and locals get together to drink really good cocktails. We tried the Grapes of Wrath (with vodka, St. Germain, grapes, lime and rosemary) and the Writer’s Block Tonic (with linie aquavit, pomegranate liquor, agave, tonic water and lime). Super tasty! Not too strong and not too sweet. Also not that cheap, with an average of 17 dollar per drink. But fun it was!
Tip: don’t forget to bring your ID because in the most New York clubs and bars they won’t let you in without!
New York Travel Tips
>> THIS IS HOW YOU GET THERE:
With KLM there are daily flights to New York. You can book a ticket from € 700,- and up, but our advice is to check on the promotions they have every few months. We usually book our KLM tickets for less than € 500,-! Check the lowest ticket prices here >>
>> YOURLBB’S FAVOURITE HOTELS IN NEW YORK:
– SOHO & NOLITA: The Soho Grand Hotel, Crosby Street Hotel, The Broome, The Bowery, The Nolitan & The James
– BROOKLYN: NU Hotel & Aloft
– WILLIAMSBURG: The Wythe Hotel
– MEATPACKING DISTRICT: The Standard Hotel, The Gansevoort Hotel, Dream Downtown & The Jane
– LOWER EAST SIDE: Sixty LES
– EAST VILLAGE: The Standard Hotel
– MID TOWN: ACE Hotel & The Nomad
– TIMES SQUARE: CitizenM, Yotel & Intercontinental Times Square
– QUEENS: The Boro Hotel
Did you see our New York video’s yet? Check out all the cool hotspots with your own eyes. Watch more travel videos on YOURLBB.TV >>
15 Thompson StNew York (Soho)
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -