A night under the stars spotting Northern Lights in Lapland Finland
Do you dream of a trip to Lapland Finland? Then it’s very cool to book a night at one of these special design hotels! From a snow hotel in Lapland Finland to igloos in the forest. I think that’s a night you will always remenber! Imagine spotting the Northern Lights in an igloo like that! Or a night in a snow hotel in Lapland Finland. That one is fure sure not for those who can’t beat the cold. In this blog we list the most special design hotels in Lapland Finland.
Kakslauttanen Igloo West Village >> design hotels Lapland Finland
I’m sure you wanted to read this blog because of the amazing photo of the igloos in the forest? When travelling to Lapland Finland you can book an igloo like that at Kakslauttanen Igloo West Village. Sleeping under the stars! I probably don’t have to explain to you that you can see the amazing Northern Lights when there are the right conditions!
Kakslauttanen Igloo West Village
Snow Village >> design hotels Lapland Finland
Imagine! A night in a super warm sleeping bag at the snow hotel Snow Village in Lapland Finland. This might not be the hotel where you stay for a whole week, but one night is very cool and a unique experience. The furniture in the rooms is made of ice and of course you get all the supplies to make sure you’re not cold. From the hotel there are several activities you can book like a reindeersafari and huskie safaris or a ride with a snow mobile.
Snow Village Lapland Finland
Arctic Snow Hotel >> design hotels Lapland Finland
Another special snow hotel in Lapland Finland is the Arctic Snow Hotel. It’s only located 26km from Rovaniemi. Perfect as a stay for the first or second night in Lapland Finland. In the rooms it can get between 0 and -5 degrees! BRR, but luckily you get all the supplies you need to stay warm. The Ice bar and restaurant are located in a 10 meter high iglo! In the area around Rovaniemi there’s much to do like a visit to the Arctic Circle.
Arctic Snow Hotel Lapland Finland
What to wear to Lapland Finland?[show_shopthepost_widget id=”485022″]
Warm coats, ski pants and good snow boots are a must when going to Lapland.
1) Lola burgundy red Coat // 2) Slalom ski pants // 3) Sorel boots // 4) Laney coat // 5) White ski pants // 6) Sorel boots in black
Plan your trip to Lapland Finland:
* Flights from Helsinki to Rovaniemi:
– From Helsinki there are daily flights with Finnair to Rovaniemi in Lapland Finland. The flight takes around 1,5 hour. Via Cheaptickets.nl you can book cheap flights from Helsinki to Rovaniemi. Search & book here >>.
– Looking for a flight to Helsinki? Both KLM and Finnair fly from Amsterdam to Helsinki multiple times a day. Search & book for cheap flights here >>
– Yourlbb’s ‘normal’ hotel tips for Lapland Finland are: Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus (as a hotel for the first night at Rovaniemi). Nice hotels in other parts of Lapland Finland are: Ski-Inn Hotel Pyhätunturi (Pyhätunturi), Spa Hotel Levitunturi (Levi), Santa’s Hotel Aurora (Luosto), design hostel 7 Fells Hostel (Äkäslompolo) and Holiday Club Salla Hotel Revontuli (Salla).
– Do you travel with the whole family or group of friends? Book a cabin instead of a hotel. Via booking.com you can book beautiful cabins in all the small towns of Lapland Finland >>. A nice cabin where I stayed is “Kultakuru 1” in Pyhä (book it via Pyha.fi). In Salla I stayed at “Pan Village” close to the reindeer park. Can highly recommend it!
* All you need to know about Lapland Finland can be found on the website of onlyinlapland.com who invited me on this amazing bucket list trip.
PS: more travel tips and stories are in the Lapland Little Black Book. A travel guide with the best tips for an unforgettable trip to Lapland Finland.
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -
- Vlogs & Videos -